Why are Asian Americans Democrats? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:57:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why are Asian Americans Democrats? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are Asian Americans Democrats?  (Read 12459 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: March 20, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »

The GOP thrives off No Information Voters (ie FOX watchers). Asians tend to be very well educated. 1992 was largely before the GOP began appealing to the least common denominator with their War on Education/Science/Logic.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »

The GOP thrives off No Information Voters (ie FOX watchers). Asians tend to be very well educated. 1992 was largely before the GOP began appealing to the least common denominator with their War on Education/Science/Logic.
So you think watching the MSM and MSNBC is getting good info about politics without the Sunday Political Shows factored into the equation? I don't think so. The MSM tilts left and MSNBC is left wing whereas FOX is right wing.

What war on education did the GOP in launch in 1992? I know the religion factor really came into play in 1992 with the GOP Base though.

The MSM does not tilt left, it tilts whatever direction will get more views/page clicks. Look at Politico for a perfect example of this.

1994 and Newt Gingrich was the start of right wing whackoism destroying the GOP, and it gradually got worse and worse until 2008-2009, when it came to a head with the rise of Sarah Palin and the Tea Party.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 01:03:51 PM »

Random thought: What about mixed race people who are part Asian? How do they vote?

I mean, my mom's from India (independent with heavy Democratic leanings) and my dad is white (moderate Republican), and I'm an lean-R indie. In context, I'm part of that 45% of Other Americans who would've pulled the lever for Romney(Fun Fact: Other Americans swung 12% against Obama from 2008 to 2012).

The vast majority of Indians I know are very liberal Dems or Indies (with a few rare R's here and there), but when I talk to other kids who are white + other (Asian, black, Hispanic, etc.), there seems to be more Republicans and moderates than among their non-white community. And whether they're male or female, most have white fathers.

So does having a white parent (most likely their father) make one more moderate/conservative? That's how it seems to me.

Someone posted this video here a while ago, I think it's relevant to this question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2tLyqfJd54
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies