PREDICT - IL 10 Dold (R) vs. Schneider (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:43:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PREDICT - IL 10 Dold (R) vs. Schneider (D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PREDICT - IL 10 Dold (R) vs. Schneider (D)  (Read 2035 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 09:32:50 PM »

Dold's loss had nothing to do with Kirk and everything to do with Democrats in the district going to vote. It is a Democratic district that, while Dold has run, has had a big % of ticket-splitters.

You can only push that so far before the Republican falls off. Clinton was the overwhelming favorite in the district - correct me if I am wrong, but her margin in Lake County (20pts) was greater than any Democrat ever (Obama netted 19.5 pts in '08).

While Trump performed better than expected in some suburban areas (see Milwaukee), he may have performed even worse than expected in the Chicago suburbs. Dismal - lost DuPage County by 14 points. You couldn't have rationally predicted a worse performance in the area.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 10:37:35 PM »

Dold's loss had nothing to do with Kirk and everything to do with Democrats in the district going to vote. It is a Democratic district that, while Dold has run, has had a big % of ticket-splitters.

You can only push that so far before the Republican falls off. Clinton was the overwhelming favorite in the district - correct me if I am wrong, but her margin in Lake County (20pts) was greater than any Democrat ever (Obama netted 19.5 pts in '08).

While Trump performed better than expected in some suburban areas (see Milwaukee), he may have performed even worse than expected in the Chicago suburbs. Dismal - lost DuPage County by 14 points. You couldn't have rationally predicted a worse performance in the area.

Trump was the worst candidate in decades in the Milwaukee suburbs. His underperformance there was the only reason the state was as close as it was.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 01:46:52 AM »

RIP Dold. I hope he tries again in 2018, need more of people like him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies