Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:43:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 188753 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2014, 07:31:35 PM »

I'm trying to stay silent, but I wanted to give a quick update on my final grades for CADD school this past school year.  Averaging all the courses together, I will come out of the program with a 78%.  The lowest was 76% and the highest was 80%.  That's not too awfully bad.  I felt I could have done better, but I am pleased with where I ended the school year 3 months ago.

when you left the program, you said you would graduate with 'high honors.'

I didn't do as well as I had hoped,  but I still have a lot of which to be proud.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »

That's a tight range! 4% separated everyone? From the worst to the best?

No,  4% separated all my courses.   Remember,  I took several different courses in the class.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 07:44:53 PM »

Can you please answer my question? What is your weight?

I weigh 286.  I've had a horrible few weeks,  in all honesty.  That's the only question I'm going to answer on that because I know everyone is going to bash me over the head for that.   Some of it deserved,  but I don't wish to subject myself to torture tonight,   I'm having a bad enough day as it is and I don't want to blow up on anyone.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »

Would you guys stop lying.   There was no second mortgage.  I'll go back into hiding now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »

I'm going to pop in here and give a Doctor's appointment update.  I went today while I wasn't working and asked him why I've had to go to the bathroom frequently day and night and also why I'm very fatigued all day and can't get started until well after lunch. It turns out both conditions are related.  The doc gave me a quick check and my prostate is infected.  It's not enlarged at all, but it is infected.  He gave me an antibiotic to take for the next month.  He told me the fatigue was a warning sign that if left untreated, I could have gotten very sick to the point of possible hospitilization.  He said it's not weight-related, more family history-related.  He said to take the med religiously otherwise it could get worse and put me on the shelf for a while.

Thanks for letting me be candid, but several of you have urged me to get it checked out so I thought I owed you all an update out of your concern.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »

Brother!? Is this game over for Our Dear Friend?

Don't knock Bushie's brother.  The man served 20+ years in the Navy and seems as normal as can be.

I honor his service, but you know what, I'm just as successful as he is and am no less of a man that you seem to have implied.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 07:13:52 PM »

I will admit that was a very prideful statement that I made.  I will say, though, success is not only determined by what job you have or what you do on earth.  True success is determined by your love for the LORD and the people He created.  Things accumulated or done in this life will ultimately turn to dust.  That said,  I honor my brothers service and thank him when I get the chance.   That doesn't mean I'm not successful.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

As usual, taking my words out of context.  I will not answer these mocks of my faith.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »

Anyway, let's move on to a happier topic.   Date 12 is tomorrow.   She's coming to Tulsa and we'll have lunch somewhere and then watch a couple movies rented from one of those Red box stands.  We're trying to stay cheap since I don't have a job.

Since I don't have a job right now,  there will likely be no engagement on the Fourth of July.  I hope to be able to propose to her by August 1.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »

Jeff, this has been said many times but you really should make a serious effort to get in shape.  It will have amazing physical and mental results. This will lead to more confidence and productivity. I was profoundly overweight for a long time. This leads to a cycle of feeling like crap all the time and general laziness. Simple tasks become hard. Get motivated, organized, set goals and a path to achieve them. Develop plans and execute them.

I am starting to realize my weight is a large part of the reason my body acts like a 60 year old man. (No disrespect to Torie).  I am starting to realize the first place I have to start is cut out fast food.  That alone will cut down a lot of weight.  I've gained 10 pounds since I moved to Tulsa two months ago.  I'm back to 283.  I didn't help my cause today as I had Sonic for lunch and ordered pizza for supper.   Tomorrow's lunch likely won't be much better.  I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.  One good thing,  though,  is I'm starting to like salad.  I get the salad bar at most of the places I go now.  Unfortunately,  that's being downed with Coke and followed by a steak.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »

How can you marry her if you can't provide for her? That is unbiblical.

Also, being 300 pounds also counts against that I'm sure. I can't even imagine how... ugh.

You're right,  I can't provide for her right now.  That's why im not even going to ask her dad until I have a job.   He needs to be reassured I can take care of his baby girl financially as well as all other aspects of a marriage.

Trust me,  I'm starting to become repulsed by my size.   I'm not quite 300 lbs, but I'm close.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »

How can you marry her if you can't provide for her? That is unbiblical.

Also, being 300 pounds also counts against that I'm sure. I can't even imagine how... ugh.

I think she weights more than Bushie to be honest.

Yes,  she does,  but that's no excuse.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »

I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.

What are some examples of things you'll eat for dinner on days when you don't go out to eat?

Not entirely sure, yet.  I'll probably get some vegetables, fruits, probably some lean meats/poultry.  I'm going to start looking up recipes online and try to fix them.  I'll get some of the usual frozen burritos, frozen bagel bites, and the like so I can have some variety, but I'm going to try to mix in some healthier items.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2014, 09:19:37 PM »

I am starting to realize the first place I have to start is cut out fast food.  That alone will cut down a lot of weight.  I've gained 10 pounds since I moved to Tulsa two months ago.  I'm back to 283.  I didn't help my cause today as I had Sonic for lunch and ordered pizza for supper.   Tomorrow's lunch likely won't be much better.  I do plan to go to Walmart tomorrow night and get some healthier food.  One good thing,  though,  is I'm starting to like salad.  I get the salad bar at most of the places I go now.  Unfortunately,  that's being downed with Coke and followed by a steak.

These things haven't happened yet. Why don't you try something healthier? I mean it's not overly hard. You just don't eat awful food. I mean, you used to go on about Diet Dr. Pepper. What happened to that? Substituting that (or Diet Coke) for Coke wouldn't hurt you, at the very least. For lunch tomorrow, why don't you eat something healthier?

Salad does you no good if you're having a steak afterwards. If it's a matter of not feeling full, try eating some fruit or vegetables with a lot of water in them- celery, grapes, watermelon, and the like. The water will fill you up, without all the calories. As for drinks, I can tell you like fizz- I do too. So drink seltzer. I drink a lot of seltzer.

I do drink mostly Diet Dr Pepper in the house, but get regular soda when I go out.  I need to switch entirely to diet drinks, tea, and water.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2014, 09:37:30 PM »

Why do you drink regular soda outside of the house? What's so hard about diet soda? Why am I still giving you advice when I've harped on for years about the futility of doing so?

I mean you say you "need' to. But you don't. God has given you this body, as a gift. Respect it accordingly. Do not desecrate or defile it.

Like I said, I need to switch to all diet in and out of the house.

I am well aware of the gluttony warning.  It's not easy, though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »

It's just that the unhealthy stuff tastes really good and is really comforting.  It's also very convenient.  It's a lot more convenient to go down to McDonald's or Braum's and order a big hamburger when you're wanting a quick dinner.  It takes time and effort to plan out and fix a proper meal.  Even though right now I've got all the time in the world pretty much without a job.  The convenience factor is sometimes too strong.  I usually feel miserable after the meal and the scale is not too friendly the next morning generally, but still, the convenience overshadows even the immediate icky effects.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2014, 09:13:23 AM »

There is a sizeable Arab/Muslim population, especially in East Tulsa. I see them at the nearby Walmart Neighborhood Market about a mile from my apartment.

I also see several Indians (country), as well as Hispanics.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2014, 11:32:47 AM »

Funny you should say that, I just got back from church.  I've got some energy today, so I plan on tapping into this energy and make my Walmart run this afternoon sometime.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »

Who said that Bushie was a fan of country? The only music he has expressed an interest in is Christmas music. On that point, it is almost time to switch over to those beloved carols and to put up his seasonal tree. Joy to the World!

...it's June.

That doesn't stop me from listening to Christmas Music.  I don't care if it's June/July or November/December.  I usually start listening to Christmas music around this time of year, anyway, and put my tree up in October.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »

bushie if you are this petered out at age 32, imagine 62!

Again, there is an underlying medical condition causing it.  A condition that is genetically caused and obesity-aggravated.  I am taking medicine for said condition.  Today has been a bit of an improvement.  I did take a nap today, but I had more energy during the times I have been awake.  I also just applied for three jobs about 20-30 minutes ago.  That's totally unexpected for a Sunday, but I was curious if anything came in over the weekend and sure enough three good ones came in this afternoon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »

bushie if you are this petered out at age 32, imagine 62!

Again, there is an underlying medical condition causing it.  A condition that is genetically caused and obesity-aggravated.

So then end the madness and get on the dole already.

It's not a debilitating illness and is easily correctable.  It will not prevent me from working like a normal American.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »

Ugh. Normativity. I do think working, in moderation, in good for people, but I cringe at anybody trying to do anything just to be "normal." Live your life for your own benefit, not to be just like everybody else.

I normally agree with you, but right now normativity sounds alright to me!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »

I'm going to pop in here and give a Doctor's appointment update.  I went today while I wasn't working and asked him why I've had to go to the bathroom frequently day and night and also why I'm very fatigued all day and can't get started until well after lunch. It turns out both conditions are related.  The doc gave me a quick check and my prostate is infected.  It's not enlarged at all, but it is infected.  He gave me an antibiotic to take for the next month.  He told me the fatigue was a warning sign that if left untreated, I could have gotten very sick to the point of possible hospitilization.  He said it's not weight-related, more family history-related.  He said to take the med religiously otherwise it could get worse and put me on the shelf for a while.

Thanks for letting me be candid, but several of you have urged me to get it checked out so I thought I owed you all an update out of your concern.

I would suggest every ailment you have is worsened by weight.  I also can't find a website that shows fatigue as a symptom of prostate issues, though I'm not denying you have the prostate issue.

He described it as the foggy feeling you get from a cold except without the cold symptoms like sneezing, runny nose, coughing...  Sure enough, it matched with what I am experiencing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »

Who made you my doctor?  My doctor gave me the correct diagnosis, so there's no need to continue to speculate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »

This the same doctor that told you, besides your weight, that you were "really healthy"?

No, that was the previous doctor, the non-Indian doctor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies