Comcast and TWC still trying to stifle any potential competitors (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:19:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Comcast and TWC still trying to stifle any potential competitors (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comcast and TWC still trying to stifle any potential competitors  (Read 1881 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 30, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »

The entire cable business is thoroughly corrupt. It's almost as if the Mob owns it.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:56:24 AM »

Odd, because I don't think I have to expect it at all. I'd expect Comcast to...oh I don't know...hire more technicians to adequately meet the large number of customers.

Well, as it turns out, Comcast kinda figured out that when it's the only business doing service in an area that it can pretty much get away with having the worst service possible. Because what are you going to do, switch to someone else? LOL, no, you literally can't.

The 1996 deregulation is an epic HP bill. And since her husband signed it, yet another reason to oppose Hillary.

The cable companies made some wild promises of technological progress in supplying high-quality entertainment in return for acquiescence for monopolization of the market. We got more channels, all right, but also far-higher prices. We also made suppliers of entertainment effective monopolists.

Really, most of us would be better off with six or so broadcast channels with some free subchannels, with live sports having to compete with feature films for attention. Considering what Retro, Antenna TV, this TV, etc. offer on the 'free TV' model, such may have been a better model.   

Part of the problem is that near-monopolists induce monopolistic gouging from suppliers who have no outlets other than the monopolies.

Monopolists always promise great things, including hastened progress, so long as they get  extraordinary profits. They invariably disappoint by creating shortages that they milk indefinitely.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies