Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:26:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 181739 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 04, 2016, 11:26:35 AM »

Haley, Martinez, and Sandoval are the best choices.  For Trump to have a prayer, he needs to improve his numbers with minorities (Latinos especially) and women.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)

Dude. She's been out of office for over 15 years, and her last electoral race was to lose a primary to Rick "oops" Perry. She wouldn't have a shot at running statewide in Texas anymore.

3, not 15.

You're right. My bad.

Still, she's something of a has been for serious consideration.
And Gingrich isn't a has-been?  Hahahahaha.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »

Hmmm... Trump/Pence might edge things back toward a 2012ish map and away from a realignment.  He would rally hesitant parts of the conservative base, but he would have plenty of issues with the populist indies and is quite anti-labor.
The anti-union laws were signed by Mitch Daniels, so Pence is safe on that front.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:26:33 AM »

Not that the Indiana GOP is going to do this, because they're stupid, but I would love it if they replaced Pence on the gubernatorial ballot with former Indianapolis mayor Greg Ballard.

Imagine, an election with two good choices.

But while Greg Ballard would likely win over moderates, no one in the party with reasonable positions is going to make it to statewide ballot.
Yes, but Gregg could use the rising crime in Indy as a bludgeon against Ballard, not to mention Ballard's breaking of his "I won't increase taxes" promise in 2007 and 2011.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »

PLEASE be Pence so Mitch Daniels can come back and save the day by running for Governor.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 05:08:46 PM »

PLEASE be Pence so Mitch Daniels can come back and save the day by running for Governor.

Term-limited?
Consecutive terms.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:30 AM »

Vilsack #2 on PredictIt, still don`t know where the hype is coming from...
She could pick him if 1) she really wants to lose, or 2) Bill is in control of the VP search process, and he wants her to lose.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »

Somewhat related to the Pence VP issue.  Mitch Daniels says no to governor encore, cites his enjoyment of his position at Purdue as a primary reason:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/2016/07/14/mitch-daniels-says-no-possible-governor-encore/87078046/

DAMMIT.  Well, let's hope that Holcomb or Ballard are nominated and not that twit Bosma.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 04:32:39 PM »

The call has been made and Pence has accepted, according to RTV6, a local Indy channel affiliated with ABC:

https://twitter.com/rtv6/status/753698910292541441
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 12:01:50 AM »

Trump told donors in Bel-Air on Thursday evening he would announce his choice over the weekend.

So, its not Pence then.....
Pence could still drop out tomorrow and be officially chosen this weekend, from what I have heard he has both been offed and accepted to be Trumps running mate.

And we've been debating if its a ploy on this forum for the last several hours.  He still hasnt dropped out of the gov race.  He has what til noon friday?

Supposedly someone tweeted that Pence could get put back on the ballot at Indiana's GOP convention if he leaves the Gov race and is not selected as Trump's VP. However that would be a tall order since some Hoosier Republicans want to replace him
If Trump passes over Pence, he's screwed.  Gregg will run non-stop ads for the next four months about how Pence was trying to abandon his post.  We Hoosiers have keen BS detectors.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 07:27:28 PM »

Hickenlooper would be a poor choice. I'm still sort of hoping for Warren, while predicting it will likely be Kaine.

Hickenlooper was on my list at the beginning, I don't think he'd be a bad choice by any means. But I think now, he's not the right option. Castro CANNOT HAPPEN.
Oh, Lord.  Could you imagine a Castro-Pence debate?!
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 11:03:09 AM »

A double female ticket might actually lose even MORE of the men's vote for Clinton.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 08:23:13 PM »

Could Evan Bayh be a dark horse pick?  Indiana law allows you to run for two federal offices.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 11:14:50 PM »

Clinton will be in Orlando on Friday, followed by a rally in Tampa later in the day:

http://orlando-politics.com/2016/07/18/hillary-clinton-in-orlando-on-friday-during-vp-pick-window/

My guess would be that she might announce her VP choice in Orlando, but we’ll see.

Interestingly, as that story points out, Elizabeth Warren is scheduled to speak before the National Conference of La Raza in Orlando on Saturday, one day after Clinton is likely to announce her VP pick in the same city.

Hmmmmm...two women on the ticket would be a bold move

Having two southern Dems was deemed bold at one time.
I think there's a huge difference between the two scenarios...
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 10:47:22 PM »

Ugh, well, I'd still prefer Kaine to Vilsack.
So, Vilsack wouldn't be an automatic Iowa win for HRC? 
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »

Ugh, well, I'd still prefer Kaine to Vilsack.
So, Vilsack wouldn't be an automatic Iowa win for HRC? 

I'm really not sure how much he'd help Hillary in Iowa. He's been out of the governor's mansion for almost 10 years. He might give her a small boost, but if we're concerned about electoral math, Virginia is more valuable than Iowa.
Well, speaking as a Hoosier, if she were to pick Evan Bayh, Indiana would automatically be in play.  He's considered a political god in Indiana.  I'm not sure how popular Vilsack is in Iowa.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »

Kaine, Brown, and Warren are announced as speakers at the DNC.  Castro, Perez, and Vilsack are not.

Take that as you will.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »

Please please please be Castro, just for the lulz.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

If it's Kaine, the guy seriously needs to see a dentist, like, yesterday.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 06:31:18 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 06:35:05 PM by libertpaulian »

With that awful dental work of Kaine's, will Trump's nickname for him be Toothy Tim?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »

It's Kaine
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies