Let's say that Hillary wins in 2016... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:16:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Let's say that Hillary wins in 2016... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Let's say that Hillary wins in 2016...  (Read 4766 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: August 30, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »

Serious answer:

I think Clinton (and Democrats in general) will be extremely unpopular in 2018. My prediction:

Republicans pick up 9 Senate seats, with WV, VA, MI, PA and ND being very close.
--> 61R, 39D

In the senate...

Republicans will have better than even odds of picking up IN, MO, and ND. MT and OH will be toss-ups, while FL, PA, VA, WV, and WI will all be somewhat competitive. Democrats will have a change of picking up NV, and a smaller chance of picking up AZ.

Nelson is no Bob Graham. FL will not be "somewhat" competitive if Hillary wins in 2016, Atwater, Lopez-Cantera or maybe even Rubio could certainly beat Nelson. Also, if Feingold can lose in WI, so can Baldwin. WI seems to be a completely different state in midterms.

Republicans are not picking up Michigan in Senate race unless it's an open seat and they get a stellar candidate.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »

Manchin probably won't switch parties. But let me just add that predicting the individual races is indeed difficult. Every race has its own dynamics. I for example think that Heitkamp could prove to be less vulnerable than Bill Nelson. She's in a state where a strong grassroots campaign can make the difference. Stabenow won't lose against a mediocre Republican candidate. She is beatable, but she must be beaten. I'm assuming that MI Republicans will finally find their Cory Gardner and PA Republicans will blow it. That's nothing but speculation of course. The only race I'm pretty confident about is Missouri. McCaskill is DOA, she is one of Clinton's biggest supporters in the Senate and unlike Donnelly or Manchin has shown no signs of moderation. The MO GOP is already preparing for this race and working hard to recruite establishment candidates like Ann Wagner. And no, the dirty tricks McCaskill used last time won't work again this time.

Who is Michigan Republicans' Cory Gardner?  I'm not even sure Cory Gardner would be able to win in Michigan anyway.  It's a substantially more Dem state than Colorado.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies