DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:47:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20
Author Topic: DNC software breach gave Sanders campaign confidential Clinton Data  (Read 42471 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »

Tender Branson is obviously using 5 hour old talking points.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2015, 02:31:42 PM »

The DNC and DWS are pulling all the stops to destroy the Sanders campaign. That's been obvious for months now.

It's not the fault of the Sanders campaign though that the DNC is so highly incompetent in protecting or segregating the data of the 3 campaigns, so that even a primary school child can access them. The Sanders campaign also did the right thing and immediately fired the apprentice.
First off, it's not the DNC fault the contractor is not doing well.  Second, there is evidence that even more staffers were doing this, and have they been fired, last time I checked no.  Third you look so stupid right now.  The Sanders camp could have handled this in a way which would not lead to this. They wanted to abuse the system, and now they are receiving the reward for doing that.

The files were accessed by a young, inexperienced apprentice, who they immediately fired. No "abuse of the system". That's laughable. You are making an elephant out of a fly.
So senor level staff is young, inexperienced and just an apprentice.  Sanders need more experienced staff then.
Trapsy

« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2015, 02:32:32 PM »

This is gonna backfire on the DNC. Even though Bernie campaign is in heat for this, This shows purely incompetence of the vendor. I bet other campaign staffers have done the same.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »

This is gonna backfire on the DNC. Even though Bernie campaign is in heat for this, This shows purely incompetence of the vendor. I bet other campaign staffers have done the same.
I'm sure if that is the case, then it will come up in the investigation and they will be punished accordingly. Of course, there is already undisputed evidence of abuse by the Sanders campaign, so...
Hydera

« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2015, 02:37:51 PM »

This is gonna backfire on the DNC.

Right so four sanders staffers copying Clinton's campaign data is the DNC's fault and not sander's campaign.

You know, the owner of a shiny car is at fault since he shouldnt of parked at certain places :rolleyes:

Besides, the DNC punished Hillary back in 2008 for breaking primary rules by reducing the seating of some of her delegates, was that a conspiracy against Hillary or is it the DNC's fault for sticking to rules?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »

Copying and exporting another campaign's voter file data is a serious violation of ethics. If this story had been about the Clinton campaign accessing Sanders' data and downloading it, Sanders supporters would be singing an entirely different tune.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »

I listened to the guy that got fired on MSNBC, and he was obviously lying about pretty much everything. his story wasn't believable at all, and he confirmed that the Sanders campaign DID NOT alert the DNC that they were accessing files, but claims that he was about to pick up the phone and call them when they called him after conducting the audit.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »

This will only backfire on the filthy, slimy Clinton campaign and its aider and abettor, the DNC and DWS.

More reason for Hillary to be re-defeated.
So you approve of the Sanders campaign's use of unethical and possibly illegal tactics to gain an advantage over Clinton ahead of the primaries? Sounds about right.

Funny how the entire point of Sanders before this was "he is an ethical, honest, passionate true progressive" in contrast to Hillary Clinton's dishonest political rhetoric.

lol
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »

So DWS is saying that the "temporary" suspension will remain in effect until an "independent audit" is conducted and the findings are released. Have you ever seen the speed at which any Democratic Party has "audits" and "studies" conducted? What she is actually saying is "we're suspending the Sanders campaign's access to new data *and all of their data they have already collected* until after the primaries have begun".

This s[inks]t-head needs to go. Now. I don't care about any breach of data. I don't care about what people think of Sanders or his bat-s[inks]t crazy supporters. I don't care about some non-legally binding "memorandum of understanding". The DNC is obviously not firing the incompetent company that made it possible (which is how it works in practically every other circumstance), nor are they willing to restore access to the system for a campaign whose already fired the chief architect of the data access and after the vulnerability itself has clearly been corrected.

Other than thinking she hasn't been a good Chair whatsoever, I haven't been on the "fire DWS" bandwagon, but I am now.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »

So DWS is saying that the "temporary" suspension will remain in effect until an "independent audit" is conducted and the findings are released. Have you ever seen the speed at which any Democratic Party has "audits" and "studies" conducted? What she is actually saying is "we're suspending the Sanders campaign's access to new data *and all of their data they have already collected* until after the primaries have begun".

This s[inks]t-head needs to go. Now. I don't care about any breach of data. I don't care about what people think of Sanders or his bat-s[inks]t crazy supporters. I don't care about some non-legally binding "memorandum of understanding". The DNC is obviously not firing the incompetent company that made it possible (which is how it works in practically every other circumstance), nor are they willing to restore access to the system for a campaign whose already fired the chief architect of the data access and after the vulnerability itself has clearly been corrected.

Other than thinking she hasn't been a good Chair whatsoever, I haven't been on the "fire DWS" bandwagon, but I am now.
I do agree with this.  The company needs to be fired, and DWS I expect will be out
if Hillary is elected.  I think Hillary and about every other person in the Democratic Party hates her.  But only if a women does it can the anti women argument not be used. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2015, 03:08:14 PM »

Petitions are useless, of course, but they can sometimes be a good measure of how much intensity there is around a given subject. The "Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Give the voter file back to Bernie Sanders' campaign" petition is collecting 1,000 signatures every 2 to 3 minutes. Go figure.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »

If Clinton is the true political master I suspect she is, she will sit on the sidelines until things come to a head, and then in the interest of an open and democratic primary, will come out in favor of restoring access to Sanders and for new leadership at the DNC while quietly promising DWS a golden parachute.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »

this is one of those stories where the average idiot will see it as an evil establishment coverup trying to kill the Sanders campaign
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »

It's a pretty embarrassing breach for the DNC whether anyone at Sanders campaign did anything unethical or not.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2015, 03:12:25 PM »

I do agree with this.  The company needs to be fired, and DWS I expect will be out
if Hillary is elected.  I think Hillary and about every other person in the Democratic Party hates her.  But only if a women does it can the anti women argument not be used.  

Obama wanted to get rid of her years ago, but didn't. She started posturing and planning to say "he got rid of me because I'm a woman and I'm a Jew". What does he have to be concerned with at this point? He should can her pronto, and let her whine about "waaah my female body parts are kosher" while he replaces her with Sheila Silverstein or somebody. Nobody's going to buy it at this point, especially now that media outlets have already covered her original "plans".
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »

Griffin, no one likes DWS but she isn't the evil villain you are making her out to be.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2015, 03:17:40 PM »

Wow Tender's deranged hatred of Hillary really has consumed his critical thinking faculties. Sad!

He has never had critical thinking faculties. I wonder if this is a preview of when Sanders loses or if all the pent up anger is just being unleashed now and they'll be calm when Sanders loses.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2015, 03:27:45 PM »

Griffin, no one likes DWS but she isn't the evil villain you are making her out to be.

Right - evil villains tend to be competent at what they do. Instead, she's a mediocre, status quo hack who is way over her head when it comes to the position she holds and is only good at serving up one advantage after another - whether intended or otherwise - for the candidate she supports.

From debate scheduling to alienating executive committee members who don't support her candidate from the party itself, she is either completely incompetent at performing basic managerial tasks or completely biased in terms of motive. Quite frankly, I really don't give a s[inks]t which one it is: the outcome is one and the same. Nail her up!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »

I feel like Griffin is the sane one in this argument. There is evidence of DWS trying to make the Democratic primaries into a coronation of Hillary, and this seems to support that theory. And if Bernie should drop out, Hillary should also drop out for Benghazi and Emailgate.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »

Who's calling for Bernie to drop out?
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2015, 03:39:11 PM »

Lief
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2015, 03:39:56 PM »

Lief, although he's most likely trolling.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2015, 03:45:41 PM »

Like I said, Sanders is not going anywhere. He may not win the nomination, but he will win some states in primaries, I see him winning New Hampshire.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2015, 03:49:13 PM »

I agree Sanders is being unfairly blamed here. There's no evidence his campaign intentionally sought the data. If they did why report it? The only thing done wrong was firing that guy, unless he knew about this earlier and kept it under wraps for awhile. But even then there was no law broken, this is as illegal as accessing someone else's email they foolishly leave open on a public computer.

Also absurd for the DNC to scapegoat Sanders instead of the idiot coders they hired. At most they should suspend his campaign's access until the glitch is fixed. That shouldn't take more than 24 hours. The Sanders campaign should not be blamed for bad coding from someone the DNC hired.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »

Reporting the error after you've downloaded data is not really noble, it's more like taking advantage of a glitch and then attempting to cover your tracks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies