Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:22:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cris and Windjammer Senate tracker (now a more qualitative analysis of activity)  (Read 4036 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: March 04, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »

I'm really shocked by a couple of these, on both ends of the activity spectrum.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 05:04:51 PM »

Look, this isn't anything new...whichever party or group has inactive officeholders is going to duck and dodge claims that it matters, attempt to splice any data-points provided by claiming exceptions and disagreements in how it is presented, and even ultimately try to portray themselves as victims who are being unfairly criticized; everyone else is going to have a problem with it. Get over it.

Don't try to dress inactivity up as some sort of noble achievement or otherwise excuse it because you like the person, and surely don't try to paint yourself as a victim. This game doesn't work when people don't show up - period. The notion that if you call this sort of stuff out that people won't want to play anymore is akin to saying that a tree will die if a strong storm blows through and knocks off all the dead branches. There will always be others who are willing to do the job diligence waiting in the wings.

I wonder how my campaign would go if I promised to vote just half the time - would that be an issue for anyone? Huh It's really embarrassing to watch people get up-in-arms about a simple set of scores being posted to the forum.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »

Look, this isn't anything new...whichever party or group has inactive officeholders is going to duck and dodge claims that it matters, attempt to splice any data-points provided by claiming exceptions and disagreements in how it is presented, and even ultimately try to portray themselves as victims who are being unfairly criticized; everyone else is going to have a problem with it. Get over it.

Don't try to dress inactivity up as some sort of noble achievement or otherwise excuse it because you like the person, and surely don't try to paint yourself as a victim. This game doesn't work when people don't show up - period. The notion that if you call this sort of stuff out that people won't want to play anymore is akin to saying that a tree will die if a strong storm blows through and knocks off all the dead branches. There will always be others who are willing to do the job diligence waiting in the wings.

I wonder how my campaign would go if I promised to vote just half the time - would that be an issue for anyone? Huh It's really embarrassing to watch people get up-in-arms about a simple set of scores being posted to the forum.

You're the last person in Atlasia who should be accusing people of trying to make themselves out to be victims. 

I know you've been wanting to argue with me as of late, but I'm simply going to have to forfeit the opportunity like you did multiple Senate tenures, seeing as how I wouldn't possibly know which X I'd be debating beforehand!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 10:49:18 PM »

Are we really going to start citing IRC commentary on the forum on a regular basis? Do I need to publish the convo in question so we can all be aware of what was said?

This had all calmed down until you posted a 500-word dissertation (presumably free of any emotional investment), sawx, and now you're going after windjammer (and me again?) by using what I am from here on out going to refer as "windjamming" (where fingers are jammed into the wind in an attempt to discredit someone based on a perceived weakness or character flaw that is not currently applicable; very comparable to gaslighting and/or the tactic that Fox uses to tell perfectly calm guests to "calm down").

Statistics are not controversial by nature. Windjammer has made it clear that he's going to keep posting them along with Cris, as they originally intended. I've advise everyone who doesn't like what a particular set of stats have to say to do what I do and not acknowledge them, rather than getting all up in arms about it each time a new set of them is released showing something that isn't liked.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 07:42:58 PM »

I mean it is obvious that Simfan is looking for right-wingers to fill the seat, which is perfectly within his mandate to do, but sooner or later a decision will have to be made.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies