The Liberal Party. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:25:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Liberal Party. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Liberal Party.  (Read 17512 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: January 29, 2012, 09:55:19 PM »

Have we decided on our economic platform yet? We should most certainly be centrist on economic issues. Also we should be in favor of abortion for the first two trimesters and be anti-death penalty.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »

Have we decided on our economic platform yet? We should most certainly be centrist on economic issues. Also we should be in favor of abortion for the first two trimesters and be anti-death penalty.

I agree with these, are there any specific economic issues you think should be in the platform? I suspect that support for free trade will be in the final platform, as well as avoiding overregulation. We should probably support progressive taxation and diversity of taxation, and removing loopholes. I think we should be supportive of effective healthcare and education programs too.

Yes, I agree with that. For healthcare I think we should pursue a model where the government provides subsidies to those below a certain income level. I don't have a problem with a public option as long as they assume all the risk and it's not subsidized by the government. I don't agree with the government actually employing the providers of healthcare. I am not completely sure how our system is currently so that may be someplace we can try and separate ourselves from the status quo. Also maybe put in something about spending only when necessary and cutting back on wasteful spending but that might be too vague.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:46:02 PM »

I agree with these, are there any specific economic issues you think should be in the platform? I suspect that support for free trade will be in the final platform, as well as avoiding overregulation. We should probably support progressive taxation and diversity of taxation, and removing loopholes. I think we should be supportive of effective healthcare and education programs too.

Yes, I agree with that. For healthcare I think we should pursue a model where the government provides subsidies to those below a certain income level. I don't have a problem with a public option as long as they assume all the risk and it's not subsidized by the government. I don't agree with the government actually employing the providers of healthcare. I am not completely sure how our system is currently so that may be someplace we can try and separate ourselves from the status quo. Also maybe put in something about spending only when necessary and cutting back on wasteful spending but that might be too vague.

Atlasia currently has a universal health care system.  I would not be in favor of opposing it.

Yes, we must make sure everyone has health care so I don't oppose it either. I am just not sure if we have a system similar to the NHS, which I would oppose. I would lean closer to the Bismarck model or the Canadian model which might have one government run insurance company, but private providers.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »

I don't view ourselves as a centrist party. We should certainly have very socially liberal views with centrist economic ones. That is our niche....
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »

Giving this a shot.  I do expect a welcoming party upon my arrival at HQ.

Welcome! Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »

I've sent the following, based on a jumble of the various proposed platforms thus far, to Dallasfan as our description for the Introduction to Atlasia thread, hopefully it's too vague to cause any disagreements. Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Feel like I've heard this somewhere before...

Hmm..

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote}

Just join the Social democratic/labor party and try to make it as big as ours. Anyways, didn't the JCP only really gain in strength once the merger occurred between the SDP and the JCP?
Yes, a party that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies