The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:59:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210325 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: August 02, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »

I know Lief has his little exaggerated routine but this is disgusting even by those standards...

lol, no one is talking about infanticide, calm down dude.

This abortion thing is exhausting. We know conservatives think women should go back to being treated as the baby-making property of their husbands. We know they're hiding this in arguments about the well-being of babies or whatever, even though conservatives repeatedly vote to cut funding to actually give these babies food and healthcare once they're born. This constant fake outrage about the poor babies and evil leftist baby murderers is really tiring.

If a pregnant woman thinks a child is going to inconvenience her life, she should be able to have an abortion. Conservatives sure aren't going to take care of the child for her. Look at Texas. Abortion is basically outlawed now, and the government refuses to expand medicaid so those unwanted children and their mothers aren't going to have healthcare. But conservatives don't give a sh[inks] about that, because they're both out of the womb by that point, and no longer conservatives' problem.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #401 on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »

The comment is not only disgusting but also intellectually lazy and slanderous in that it implies that men who oppose abortion do so in an attempt to control women's bodies. A misleading argument doesn't get better when it is repeated a hundred times.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #402 on: August 02, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »

The comment is not only disgusting but also intellectually lazy and slanderous in that it implies that men who oppose abortion do so in an attempt to control women's bodies. A misleading argument doesn't get better when it is repeated a hundred times.

Sadly, there are people that truly believe that that's why Pro Life men are actually against abortion. But Lief is just exaggerating his beliefs on abortion as part of his, at times trollish, act.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #403 on: August 02, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »

Not surprising. Religion is pox on humanity and a frequent shelter for hateful behavior.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #404 on: August 02, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »

Sadly, there are people that truly believe that that's why Pro Life men are actually against abortion. But Lief is just exaggerating his beliefs on abortion as part of his, at times trollish, act.

I'm "pro-choice" and I'm absolutely sick of the "all pro-lifers are just sexist men who want women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen at all times". I doubt that line of messaging is winning anyone over anyway.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #405 on: August 02, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »

I'm hardly implying that only men want abortion to be illegal for that reason. Plenty of conservative women do as well.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »

Not surprising. Religion is pox on humanity and a frequent shelter for hateful behavior.

Atheists are to history what Baptists are to biology.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #407 on: August 03, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »

This IS PPP and its very early on, PPP always overestimates democrats in polls when its not at least a half year away.

This is a bad talking point that needs to stop. I was hoping only Oldies bought into this stuff.

There are a lot of republican polls like this too (Rasmussen) that overstate the republicans chances of winning elections, this isn't a "talking point", this is stating what I think is the truth with PPP as they have a history of overstating democrats. I'm basically saying I have less trust in certain polls because they have a bias that they've proven over the years, Quinnipac in my opinion is a very trustworthy poll as they've been accurate much more often that I've examined.

We'll get lots of fun posts from Bandit come election time about how McConnell stole the election, right?

We know McConnell will try stealing it anyway. Don't know if he'll succeed.

This actually checks out with a Democratic Poll from the Mellman Group. They've got Grimes up 2 against McConnell, 44-42. Apparently, his job approval is at net -20 according to them though, at 38/58.

Among people who actually know who the candidates are, Grimes leads by 15!!!

Oh man, Mitch is so screwed!

Lots of deluge and hackery here.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2013, 12:43:08 AM »

The Confederacy was formed over states' rights. It was based on lifestyle, values and belief system. Its "way of life" became sacred to its adherents. Everything of the South became a moral question, commingling love of things Southern. Not only did national political parties split, but national churches and interstate. Families as well divided along sectional lines as the war approached. To say it was all a matter of slavery is both partisan and foolish. Brothers fought against and killed each other over this tragedy all because the north was aggressive in its politics to the point of making slaves out of the southerners as federal policies favored northern over southern economic interests. To this day it should be held that the federal government should not pick winners and losers. Helping a sector out in order to prevent other sectors from falling is one thing, but picking one sector to succeed over another based on politics isn't right. This is exactly what was going on. In a way it was 19th century earmarks. A century and a half later, I am one who holds the good fight to eliminate earmarks in order to prevent such travesties. The south wanted to have freedom because the north treated the south like second class citizens. I'm sure if those today who blurt out that the Civil War was about slavery knew what it was like to be treated like a second class citizen, they would wise up and appreciate the truth of history which was that the south was attacked by a viscous neighbor. Also how nationalistic are those who fought or would have fought for the Yankee states during the Civil War? The U.S. Constitution can be abandoned at any time by any state which chooses to do so. Across the world, the Confederacy was seen as a serious attempt at nationhood. Had the south won, international conflicts and even Hitler could've been stopped before the United States waited until it was politically convenient to become involved. Was it so much to ask for the south to ask for liberty from an oppressive government of oppressive policies towards them? All they wanted was their freedom. It was right for slavery to end though.

lol
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2013, 01:50:21 AM »

Shall we rename this deluge after Barfbag, or shall we wait for Deluge IV to do the dishonors?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2013, 06:47:32 AM »

Shall we rename this deluge after Barfbag, or shall we wait for Deluge IV to do the dishonors?

They aren't all absurd or bad, but he certainly posts a deluge of stuff.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #411 on: August 04, 2013, 06:49:03 AM »

I am friends with a married couple who recently had an abortion.  They already have two kids, one of whom has had significant medical problems which required multiple surgeries.  And my friends are not in the best financial position.

This third pregnancy was not planned.  After both crunching the numbers and doing some soul searching, they decided to terminate the pregnancy.  They just didn't feel they could take it on and they wanted to be the best parents they could to the two kids they've got.

I suppose you could say that the decision was made for the sake of convenience.  But I did not think it was ridiculous and selfish.  I think it was responsible.

The physical, emotional and financial costs of pregnancy and parenthood are not insignificant.  In my opinion, it is too great a burden to be borne unconsenting.

Obviously if they didn't want (or couldn't afford) another kid, then they should have only had sex twice in their entire lives.

And when they did have sex, it could only be when they were married and the man had to be on top in the missionary position.

After that, they were supposed to become celibate monks and nuns.

That is the conservative solution.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2013, 04:40:18 AM »

WM, your hatred of union but love of poors doesn't make any sense.

unions exploit poors with false promises.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2013, 05:57:11 AM »

Scott Walker has taken on the most massive political force in the country, the labor unions, and won. 
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2013, 08:45:23 AM »

Scott Walker has taken on the most massive political force in the country, the labor unions, and won. 

Man I wish I lived in a world where that was true. (The unions being the most massive political force in the country part)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »

There are no concrete meanings or ideas that can be attached to symbols.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2013, 12:11:51 PM »

There are no concrete meanings or ideas that can be attached to symbols.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #417 on: August 05, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »

What does 't' stand for, and why do so many people wear that letter around their necks?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #418 on: August 05, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »

What does 't' stand for, and why do so many people wear that letter around their necks?

Its a crucifix, the symbol for Christianity and/or redemption... and the Roman Empire's favorite way of execution... The crucifix can also be upside down like how Peter was executed, and there is another one, shaped as an "X"...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »

Its a crucifix, the symbol for Christianity and/or redemption... and the Roman Empire's favorite way of execution... The crucifix can also be upside down like how Peter was executed, and there is another one, shaped as an "X"...

I know.  I was playing along with KRich's logic. Tongue
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »

Oh... I thought you legit-ly didn't know... you know... because you're a D-NJ.... Even though your avatar is L-AR... (why is that?)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »

Oh... I thought you legit-ly didn't know... you know... because you're a D-NJ.... Even though your avatar is L-AR... (why is that?)

Haha, I'm actually a D-CT.  My avatar is L-AR for the fantasy game.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »

LOL... Worst sarcasm detection failure ever?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #424 on: August 05, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

a symbol with a multitude of different meanings if ever there was one.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies