New Car
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:11:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  New Car
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: New Car  (Read 5466 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »

Get whatever you want.  If you could buy a Hummer, you can pretty much afford whatever you want (within reaso), plus you'll save a crap load on gas now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2008, 05:37:01 PM »

Since when were southern belles who like nice things called prostitutes?

They're rarely called prostitutes, because their price is high.  But honest people can admit that their price is in fact proof of their prostitution.  Why can't you?

As for Nissans, I'm not really against them, but I hate to see a man like Bench-Press behind the wheel of some silly little front wheel drive thing.  It just doesn't fit.  Hey Bench-Press, in all seriousness just get like a 3-5 year old Lincoln Town Car.  Huge bargain from new, and its a real car.

A towncar? A TOWNCAR? I assume benchpress is younger than 70 years old, and the only people that drive those around here are blacks and 70 year old white people.

If you're going to drop 36k or so on a Chrysler 300C, you might as well go with a C class Mercedes. Better built, better quality and better service. What, as a douchebag, that's just my opinion.

If it's one of those three, get the 300C, but the only people I see driving those around here are blacks and some old people.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »

Get a Jeep. I love Jeeps for some reason....I wish I could afford it +the gas is guzzles :/
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 07:04:30 PM »

I recommend the Ford Pinto.

In all seriousness, you should go with the 300. That's a very good car, my dad has one and it's a lot of fun to drive. 
King of the Bench
KingoftheBenchPress
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »

AHDuke 99 I dont think I can fit good into a Mercedes C
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »

A towncar? A TOWNCAR? ... the only people that drive those around here are blacks and 70 year old white people.

If it's one of those three, get the 300C, but the only people I see driving those around here are blacks and some old people.

You seem to have an inordinate fear of driving a similar car to that driven by a black.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »

get something like my 35mpg 1995 Honda Civic
King of the Bench
KingoftheBenchPress
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 10:04:05 PM »

Couldnt fit in that man
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »

Get a Jeep. I love Jeeps for some reason....I wish I could afford it +the gas is guzzles :/

Me duece

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2008, 07:52:41 PM »

Me duece

/jealous Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 09:26:39 PM »

My machines with which I am used to are my friends. I use mechanical devices until they die, no matter what they are. I had to retire my 30 year old TV set this only because my cable service ceased to support the analog signal. It was all very annoying and disruptive. I hated it when my 15 year old Lexus's motor started steaming smoke on the freeway. It was very traumatic to depart with my old friend. Am I eccentric in this regard? No doubt! It has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with my personal serenity and comfort with the familiar, when it comes to mechanical devices.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 01:34:15 AM »

My machines with which I am used to are my friends. I use mechanical devices until they die, no matter what they are. I had to retire my 30 year old TV set this only because my cable service ceased to support the analog signal. It was all very annoying and disruptive. I hated it when my 15 year old Lexus's motor started steaming smoke on the freeway. It was very traumatic to depart with my old friend. Am I eccentric in this regard? No doubt! It has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with my personal serenity and comfort with the familiar, when it comes to mechanical devices.

We could hardly be more similar in this regard, Torie.  I like to think it is the result of a good upbringing - my parents are the same.  Though I must admit my brother is caught up in the pointless pursuit of the new.

One caveat however - if a mechanical device is poorly made/designed or somehow a bit of a lemon, I can't get rid of it quickly enough, even if I have to give it away.  I really love old things that have been proven, have withstood the test of time.   I love my old '84 Olds so much I actually drive it gently in hopes that it will last longer.  But a five year old car that is rife with problems - I want to destroy it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies