I'm also sorry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:42:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm also sorry
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm also sorry  (Read 750 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 13, 2005, 12:29:04 PM »

I'm sorry too.  I shouldn't have withdrawn my support from a candidate that I otherwise agree with just because of a decision that  it was his job to do.  He has every right to follow our Constitution and provide for the rights of those who have caused obvious suffering to another forum citizen, without giving even half a thought to those who were victimized.  How dare StevenNick excersise, as one forum member said, "executive tyranny", by withdrawing voting rights from someone who had obviously committed a wrongful act in front of everyone on the forum.   Clearly, what we need to do around here is call honorable forum members like StevenNick "tyrants" while honoring the contributions of bigoted nuisances who make obscene comments about Jews and gays.

People like Super and myself, who work very hard on our ideas and who care passionately about them, should be shunned and criticized while NixonNow is praised for setting up a script on a web server.  Maybe we should start impersonating other forum members and making obscene bigoted comments - but hey, as long as we are "fun" on Teamspeak and set up a script on our web server, thats what really counts around here!
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 12:30:12 PM »

If you have a problem with trolls I suggest you elect people who will pass laws against them and then follow the standards of due process.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »

If you have a problem with trolls I suggest you elect people who will pass laws against them and then follow the standards of due process.

Correct. We made our ruling based on the law. Do you want to live in a society that ignore's the law for personal feelings?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 12:32:54 PM »

Correct. We made our ruling based on the law. Do you want to live in a society that ignore's the law for personal feelings?

I'm having a hard time biting my thongue, so to speak.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »

but hey, as long as we are "fun" on Teamspeak and set up a script on our web server, thats what really counts around here!

This has nothing to do with Teamspeak. Get over the fact that KEmperor did what he had to do.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 12:35:07 PM »

Obvious suffering? Victimized? What the hell?
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 12:37:48 PM »

Well at least you found the part that was referring to you.

but hey, as long as we are "fun" on Teamspeak and set up a script on our web server, thats what really counts around here!

This has nothing to do with Teamspeak. Get over the fact that KEmperor did what he had to do.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 12:39:46 PM »

Cry me a river.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 12:41:07 PM »

Well at least you found the part that was referring to you.

Yeah well hopefully you'll get it through your head that KEmperor fulfilled his duties as a Justice.

I don't approve of what NixonNow did to you or what he has said about others. In fact, if you called for a case against him, I'd probably agree with you that his trolling is obvious. However, what StevenNick did was not the proper way to go about solving this problem. Get over it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 01:07:35 PM »

I'm sorry too.  I shouldn't have withdrawn my support from a candidate that I otherwise agree with just because of a decision that  it was his job to do.  He has every right to follow our Constitution and provide for the rights of those who have caused obvious suffering to another forum citizen, without giving even half a thought to those who were victimized.  How dare StevenNick excersise, as one forum member said, "executive tyranny", by withdrawing voting rights from someone who had obviously committed a wrongful act in front of everyone on the forum.   Clearly, what we need to do around here is call honorable forum members like StevenNick "tyrants" while honoring the contributions of bigoted nuisances who make obscene comments about Jews and gays.

People like Super and myself, who work very hard on our ideas and who care passionately about them, should be shunned and criticized while NixonNow is praised for setting up a script on a web server.  Maybe we should start impersonating other forum members and making obscene bigoted comments - but hey, as long as we are "fun" on Teamspeak and set up a script on our web server, thats what really counts around here!

Thank you, Don.  I agree 100% with the irony of your statment.  It is the excesive legalism Bullsh**t that is causing problems on the forum.  Not me and not you.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 01:10:47 PM »

Thank you, Don.  I agree 100% with the irony of your statment.  It is the excesive legalism Bullsh**t that is causing problems on the forum.  Not me and not you.

I made the same exact complaint earlier and was fully ignored.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »

I made the same exact complaint earlier and was fully ignored.

But, if you recall, I agreed with you and told you so.  We discussed that, so you know that my loss of support for KEmp was happening before this decision.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2005, 03:21:47 PM »

Can we all remember one thing, THIS IS AN INTERNET FORUM. No one is hurt by any other member, if they harass you on AIM, you can block them, if they harass you on the boards, don't read their posts, etc.

Don, while what NixonNow did was wrong, and legislation to offically make his actions a crime would be commendable, in all seriousness, were you hurt, emotionally, physically, phsycologically, or in any other way by him impersonating you? What he did was a very bad joke, which was certainly not funny.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 04:40:40 PM »

You're right, this is excesive.  Now, while were at it, why don't we just start doing away with all our rights and the due processes of law.  Start with the top of the Bill of Rights and work our way down, eliminating them one by one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies