2016 GOP on Climate Change: Yikes. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:57:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016 GOP on Climate Change: Yikes. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 GOP on Climate Change: Yikes.  (Read 2328 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: May 12, 2014, 06:47:50 PM »

What kind of voter really makes climate change an issue above taxes, the economy, or health care?

I try not to be cynical on this issue, but I don't think that any American policy to tackle climate change would really have an impact on the overall meteorological conditions in the world, because there are so many other countries that would probably keep using fossil fuels at the current rate. If anything, China and India might start burning even more fuel in the future as their economies increase.

Most other world leaders - the Chinese government and probable Indian right-wing PM Modi included - at least recognise that climate change is occurring, and are investing in subsidies in renewable energies and carbon capture from coal.

And surely the US, if it wants to preserve its status as a superpower, should welcome spearheading a global attempt to limit carbon emissions. After all, the US has much greater carbon emissions per capita than any of the BRICS.

Developing countries aren't ignoring climate change - in fact given their precarious position, they can't afford to. If the US elects a climate change denier, it'll just embarrass itself.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 07:23:26 AM »

Climate change is a stupid discussion in politics. Most people that dispute it often have a legitimate reason to criticize it. Who cares if they don't believe in climate change?

what

A few legitimate reasons:

"But I might lose some money, therefore it doesn't exist"

"But fossil fuels are how we've always done things"

"But I need my four by four in  my suburban lifestyle"

"I won't be affected by sea level rises, why should it matter to me?"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies