2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:18:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 90
Author Topic: 2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)  (Read 181923 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17:32 PM »

Don't really see Buck loses at this point, given what's out.  GOV is anyone's game.

MN-GOV is anyone's game too.  The advantage for Dayton is that a lot of Duluth is still out and games often happen there.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #601 on: August 10, 2010, 10:17:56 PM »

I expected Handel to pull off a Haley-lite victory here to be honest.  Never expected her to dominate like Haley, but I expected the whole corrupt-DC-congressman vibe to lose to the mamma grizzly thing that Handel was running with.

Whatever, Barnes will have better contrasts to draw against Deal and I think he'll make a better governor anyhow

Well, I hope Barnes wins, after that execrable ad Deal ran. F him!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #602 on: August 10, 2010, 10:26:13 PM »

MN-GOV is anyone's game too.  The advantage for Dayton is that a lot of Duluth is still out and games often happen there.

Which if so would benefit Kelliher, the DFL establishment candidate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #603 on: August 10, 2010, 10:27:37 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2010, 10:35:52 PM by Torie »

It looks to me that Buck will probably win. Too many precincts are out in Larimer which Buck is winning better than 60%, and Weld, which Buck is winning by 3-1 or something. Norton is winning by small margins in some other big counties, with a clear margin in Arapahoe (sp), but eye balling it, it does not look like enough. I would guess Buck will win by about 15,000 votes maybe (could be 20,000 really). I am not calling it yet, but the odds are about 85%-90% that Buck will win, is what it looks like to me. I can't call it because of the empty precinct phenomenon. Sometimes a lot of precincts don't generate that many votes, and sometimes they do.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #604 on: August 10, 2010, 10:28:25 PM »

Huckabee finally managed to back a candidate who won his primary (Deal).
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #605 on: August 10, 2010, 10:31:38 PM »

Fedele lost, but one of these things is not like the other:

He's also winning Fairfield County and CT-04 so far.

Top Ancestry or Race is the highest percentage of first-listed ancestry or Hispanic or Asian subgroup (which for some bizarre reasons aren't ancestries to the Census Bureau) or African-American, excluding "Other" in each town.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #606 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »

However, Dayton's been kicking her butt there so far.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #607 on: August 10, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »

CO-Sen called for Buck.

I'm not staying up for CO-Gov or MN-Gov.  Nite.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #608 on: August 10, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »

Re: Buck

I think everyone wins here.  Democrats win with a less palatable general election candidate, and Republicans win with someone who isn't an establishment puppet.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ughh. Guess I better get on the Bennett and Barnes band wagon then.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »

Yay! One less neocon creep in the Senate.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #611 on: August 10, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »

Haven't really been tracking Colorado for a while.  Are the vote counts there still increasing, or have the vote counters all called it a night?  Seems like the rate of increase of votes has slowed to a trickle.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #612 on: August 10, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »

However, Dayton's been kicking her butt there so far.

Dayton's running mate is from there.

But yeah that would make it good for him that much of it is still out.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #613 on: August 10, 2010, 10:44:19 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2010, 10:46:03 PM by Lunar »

I think everyone wins here.  Democrats win with a less palatable general election candidate, and Republicans win with someone who isn't an establishment puppet.

Reminds me of Lowden, really.   Someone picked out of the blue by the state party establishment, but never really had a credible case as to why, y'know, anyone should actually vote for her?

I've always been a huge fan of drawing contrasts.  Even artificial contrasts.  Me-tooism on the issues is lame.  If you're behind, come out with some anti-GOP positions, backed by polling and survey research, that grabs attention and plays to the demographics that you're trying to reach.  DO SOMETHING.  Nothing is more frustrating than 3-6 candidates in a tight race who can't find anything to disagree on.

If you agree on every single issue, well, turning the election into grassroots vs. the establishment is not gonna work for ya in this cycle.  So what are you doing?  What was the central Norton message against Buck? 
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #614 on: August 10, 2010, 10:45:44 PM »

I think everyone wins here.  Democrats win with a less palatable general election candidate, and Republicans win with someone who isn't an establishment puppet.

Norton wasn't a fricken establishment puppet. Buck is the one who supports a pathway for citizenship for illegal aliens, pull out from Afghanistan, and increased spending. Whatever, as far as I'm concerned Republicans have shown they don't deserve to take back the senate by nominating Angle and Buck. The GOP also has a bigger problem in that Buck and most likely Deal winning will just contribute to Democrat attacks that the party is unwilling to nominate more female candidates. A record number of women were running for office this year, and a paltry if any increase has been shown in their nominations by Republicans.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »

Well District 50 is almost all in and Chaudhary went down hard. He didn't even break 30% and got wiped out almost everywhere.

Also in District 12 Koering, the gay Republican is down 13 points with over 80% of precincts in.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »

Norton wasn't a fricken establishment puppet. Buck is the one who supports a pathway for citizenship for illegal aliens, pull out from Afghanistan, and increased spending. Whatever, as far as I'm concerned Republicans have shown they don't deserve to take back the senate by nominating Angle and Buck. The GOP also has a bigger problem in that Buck and most likely Deal winning will just contribute to Democrat attacks that the party is unwilling to nominate more female candidates. A record number of women were running for office this year, and a paltry if any increase has been shown in their nominations by Republicans.

Buck is no Angle. He's been a DA for years, and comes off very moderate. He is endorsed by the Tea Party, but he has not had many great things to say of the Tea Party. Norton seemed to move far to the right during the primary, and knowing the state, I think she is less electable.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2010, 10:49:57 PM »

Norton wasn't a fricken establishment puppet. Buck is the one who supports a pathway for citizenship for illegal aliens,

That has more to do with sanity..you can't deport12 million people out of the USA, and you can't ignore them.

She said this explicitly?  What's the quote?

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:08 PM »

Norton wasn't a fricken establishment puppet. Buck is the one who supports a pathway for citizenship for illegal aliens,

That has more to do with sanity..you can't deport12 million people out of the USA, and you can't ignore them.

He said he doesn't want to have Afghanistan be an open commitment, though he doesn't support a public timetable.

On spending, he increased it as Weld County DA, but only because he was required to.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #619 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »

MN Dem Gov Map (2770 precincts in):

Anderson Kelliher in Blue, Dayton in Green, M. Entenza in Red, P. Idusogie would be in yellow.  Gray= no data.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #620 on: August 10, 2010, 10:53:53 PM »

Uh, MAK won Hennepin County pretty solidly.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #621 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:10 PM »

Anderson Kelliher in Blue, Dayton in Green, M. Entenza in Red, P. Idusogie would be in yellow.  Gray= no data.

The AP has Kelliher winning Hennepin and Ramsey.  Is that a mistake?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #622 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »

Actually comparing the SoS site it looks like he just picked colors at random. The two he has going for Entenza voted over 50% for Dayton.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #623 on: August 10, 2010, 10:57:03 PM »

The AP has Kelliher winning Hennepin and Ramsey.  Is that a mistake?

I very quickly put that together.  I'll have to check for data integrity.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #624 on: August 10, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »

Kelliher's lead is down to ~4000 votes, or 1% of the vote.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies