CT to repeal the death penalty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:23:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CT to repeal the death penalty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT to repeal the death penalty  (Read 21414 times)
Purch
Rookie

« on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »

Now they just need to overturn Roe vs Wade. Both of these issues should of been handled individually by the state in the first place, I feel any federal government involvement in either of these issues is a huge overreach and really goes against state sovereignty. If it was an issue like "Gay rights" I'd be much more open to a federal decision to protect rights because I feel that borders on a Civil rights issue.

Personally I find it a huge contradiction when conservatives are "Pro life", then they try and justify the killing of selective inmates; the same why I find it a contradiction when Liberals defend a women's right to kill her fetus and then would fight to the death to protect the life on an inmate.

Personally I'm against both abortion and the death penalty for the same reason because I feel my life should be protected from the time I'm first conceived to the time when I'm on trial for a crime(Hypothetically of course).

Purch
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2012, 07:21:47 AM by Purch »

lol @ pro-life members on this forum being pro-death penalty.

No different than Liberals defending a women's right to kill a fetus and at the same time demonizing anyone who wants to kill an inmate convicted of a major crime.

Both Liberals and Conservatives contradict themselves to such an extreme. At least be consistent on your views across the board.

I'm anti abortion and anti death penalty for the exact same reason. I feel life should be protected from the moment I'm conceived to the moment I'm convicted of a crime.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies