Regional Protection Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:01:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 163831 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 26, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »

I, due to my negligence, came to be aiding Xahar in his attempt to take over Atlasia.

Sorry for intruding in this thread, but what'd you do that warrants such actions by your own party?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:41 PM »

I still have no idea what you did. Are RPP members not allowed to associate with Xahar now?

I believe, from what I gathered, that PiT was the one whose account Xahar led Franzl to use to view the RPP forum. Xahar used a sock screen name to get the info from PiT somehow.

I understand how the RPP would worry about such a breach int he future, but I don't know if punishing a pretty stellar member would help in this situation. It should be taken into account that it was Xahar. The kid is evil.

Ok, enough of my input in the RPP. :-)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:25:17 AM »

I think he just owned you guys. You should all probably take some time to think about what you've done.

It's hard to believe that this thing called "Atlasia" is just a game. Really. I'm not lying. It's a game.

Agreed. This is a simulation game for elections. Although I guess that is why we shouldn't be surprised that we get personal attacks like this. Welcome to politics. I guess the only reason that it's (somewhat) gentler in real life is that they have to look each other in the eyes at some point, whereas online it's just a screen so "no harm done."

You all really need to chill though.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »

can any of you guys get along? As for Duke and DWTL, can you just accept you did something wrong and move on. This is childish and is RUINING the game. So can you two stop acting like a 5 year old and just learn from you mistakes?

Pardon my naivete, but wouldn't all that be too...easy? You underestimate the impossibility for people to act as, well, people.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 09:09:29 AM »

Diabolical. Especially the part about consuming the elders to gain their powers.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 09:22:35 AM »

I was poking fun at all those who were freaking out about the private RPP server, as if the things found there would be ground-breaking and reveal the deepest secrets of the party. Clearly there is nothing so scandalous about your by-laws.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 10:47:46 AM »

Although I am not a member of the RPP, I would very much value an endorsement by your party in the upcoming elections.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »

I make no illusions that I agree 100% with the RPP, but I do think I would make a strong third preference for the RPP.

I believe strongly in a separation between the federal and regional governments. I do support very strongly the maintenance of the regional Senate seats. I feel that the regions play an integral role in the development of Atlasia, especially new members.

However, I cannot guarantee my support for a CoG, nor will I reject fellow DA members such as afleitch, Hashemite, or HappyWarrior. This is because I feel as though a certain question has been missed in the build-up of tensions between federalists and region advocates: what are the regions really meant to do? My answer to this is that the regions must foster involvement, growth, and activity in Atlasia, something I do not see a CoG doing. In addition, the DA is largely made up of current officeholders, something I see as a result of their personal abilities to invoke passion by other members.

Thus, I tell you that no, we are not  perfect fit and my allegiances are to the DA. However, I see the regions as an integral part of Atlasian politics and I will never take actions to hinder the progress of the regions. Nor will I ever consider the federal agenda as separate from the regions. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »

I make no illusions that I agree 100% with the RPP, but I do think I would make a strong third preference for the RPP.

I believe strongly in a separation between the federal and regional governments. I do support very strongly the maintenance of the regional Senate seats. I feel that the regions play an integral role in the development of Atlasia, especially new members.

However, I cannot guarantee my support for a CoG, nor will I reject fellow DA members such as afleitch, Hashemite, or HappyWarrior. This is because I feel as though a certain question has been missed in the build-up of tensions between federalists and region advocates: what are the regions really meant to do? My answer to this is that the regions must foster involvement, growth, and activity in Atlasia, something I do not see a CoG doing. In addition, the DA is largely made up of current officeholders, something I see as a result of their personal abilities to invoke passion by other members.

Thus, I tell you that no, we are not  perfect fit and my allegiances are to the DA. However, I see the regions as an integral part of Atlasian politics and I will never take actions to hinder the progress of the regions. Nor will I ever consider the federal agenda as separate from the regions. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

And just to clarify and prevent any confusion, I do not outright oppose the CoG. I just don't see it as a cure-all to the region vs. federal debate. What would be far more productive is an amendment I have proposed (and that will be sponsored) allowing for dual office-holding on the two levels of government to increase competitiveness and opportunity in regional elections.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »

Well with the Convention the hope is that all of these issues are resolved in ways we may not currently even consider. But DWTL asked so I was answering the question.

Feel free to ask my opinion on matters that mean more to you. I am unabashed in my pursuit of an RPP endorsement.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »

Just make sure to be smart about who you run in the Mideast Senate race against HW. As you know we tend to be an active region and not all that ideologically driven. The current Assembly and Governor have no had a single partisan struggle yet. And we tend to view HW favorably.

Just don't hurt your party image trying to get the seat.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 08:38:22 PM »

Just make sure to be smart about who you run in the Mideast Senate race against HW. As you know we tend to be an active region and not all that ideologically driven. The current Assembly and Governor have no had a single partisan struggle yet. And we tend to view HW favorably.

Just don't hurt your party image trying to get the seat.
Well obviously Inks would be our ideal candidate, but I don't think he wants to leave the executive branch.  It would be harming the interests of our party if we did not try to go after this seat, the only regional seat we do not hold that we can conceivably hold.

Oh, I'm not saying you shouldn't try. But make sure to pick a candidate that is an active and recognized member of the region or you risk losing more than just a race there. And yeah, Inks would be your ideal candidate, but we love him as Governor and hope to keep him there.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 07:06:41 PM »

I'm happy with Inks's choice, as it increases the likelihood of keeping two good representatives of the Mideast in place.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 10:18:10 PM »

I want to thank the RPP for placing me in the third preference slot for the April elections. I hope that we will be able to work together to create a more open Senate, more active regions, and more productive government.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 11:39:25 PM »

I oppose that logan. Not only did a DA member create it, but it's way too loud and way too much going on in it. Do we really need five flags in one logo? It's tacky.

My main gripe is that a DA member made it. I appreciate his input, but how would it look if we had to have another party member make it?

Can't we all just get along? No need for partisanship over a logo.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »

I oppose that logan. Not only did a DA member create it, but it's way too loud and way too much going on in it. Do we really need five flags in one logo? It's tacky.

My main gripe is that a DA member made it. I appreciate his input, but how would it look if we had to have another party member make it?

Can't we all just get along? No need for partisanship over a logo.

Is there ever a time a DA member isn't proposing a compromise to something jeeze. Oh yea I remember now, but I promised never to mention that one in public again, something about it being confrontational, Tongue.

We do our best to promote unity and progress. I think my work on that stimulus bill compromise was pretty handy. Kept you and Marokai from coming to blows on the floor of the Senate. We don't need a Sumner moment.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 10:17:12 PM »

Can we just get this sick, insensitive F**k banned already? Angry

Would have been nice if people voted for my libel/slander act.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 10:57:40 AM »

Alright, with DS legislature likely to pass, we have to decide who, besides myself, our candidates will be

Since we have a stronghold on the region, we don't we just permit several of our candidates to run for competitive elections?
We certainly could, but I think other parties should be welcomed as well.

Why not leave it as a competitive and open election? Regional legislature elections are the closest things we have to primaries as assemblymen tend to use the experience and recognition gained in the regional bodies to eventually run for higher office.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »

Alright, with DS legislature likely to pass, we have to decide who, besides myself, our candidates will be

Since we have a stronghold on the region, we don't we just permit several of our candidates to run for competitive elections?
We certainly could, but I think other parties should be welcomed as well.

Why not leave it as a competitive and open election? Regional legislature elections are the closest things we have to primaries as assemblymen tend to use the experience and recognition gained in the regional bodies to eventually run for higher office.
I think that may be a good idea, but I also don't think having a legislature made up of 3 RPP members (which more than likely would happen) as a good idea

I would agree, but hopefully the region will be willing to elect someone that is outside the party. Regional politics is always slightly different than party affiliation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »

I think Purple State deserves the third preference endorsement. He's been pro-region on a number of issues, and he is generally willing to compromise with us.

Of course. He helped us hold DWTL's seat back in June..... oh wait. I hope the JCP supports him in the general this time.

I agree with this. The actions of both him & Hashemite at that juncture were disappointing to the utmost. For that matter, Franzl & afleitch happily enabled their cloak & dagger actions. For some reason I am not interested in seeing any of them win re-election.

I personally think you misrepresented the position of the DA to the RPP. Marokai was a more active member who contributed a great deal to this game. Duke seemed to provide an ultimatum: either vote me in and I'll be active for once or vote against me and I'll disappear forever.

I vote for who I believe has the most to contribute to the game. In that election it was Marokai. In the next it was DWTL over Fritz. It is against my nature to assume that my support for any one group is unwavering. The RPP has my support when it is appropriate, but not unconditionally.

I believe my credentials, both pro-region and in working with RPP members like NCYank on GM reform, show my true colors. It is up to your membership to decide if that is something you support.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 11:21:14 PM »

PiT, I think you believe that Hashemite and I attempt to influence our members' votes far more than we actually do. All I do is announce my endorsement. I don't think I have ever "leaned heavily" on a member to produce a certain vote.

In the DA, we promote loose affiliation. The leaders make our opinions known, but individual members are free to think and act as they wish. This is why there is room for people at every end of the political spectrum in the party. It is also why you may have been disappointed with some of the election results. I endorse Marokai there, DWTL here. I am not a member of either the RPP or the JCP, so I am not committed to supporting one party 100% of the time.

I am sorry if the DA has been misrepresented, but let me be clear: The DA does not hold sway over its members in the way that the RPP and JCP influence their own membership. We like everyone to be informed through announcements and endorsements, but what you see in public is what is actually happening.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »

PiT, I think you believe that Hashemite and I attempt to influence our members' votes far more than we actually do. All I do is announce my endorsement. I don't think I have ever "leaned heavily" on a member to produce a certain vote.

In the DA, we promote loose affiliation. The leaders make our opinions known, but individual members are free to think and act as they wish. This is why there is room for people at every end of the political spectrum in the party. It is also why you may have been disappointed with some of the election results. I endorse Marokai there, DWTL here. I am not a member of either the RPP or the JCP, so I am not committed to supporting one party 100% of the time.

I am sorry if the DA has been misrepresented, but let me be clear: The DA does not hold sway over its members in the way that the RPP and JCP influence their own membership. We like everyone to be informed through announcements and endorsements, but what you see in public is what is actually happening.

I heard reports that two members of the DA (who shall go unnamed for their protection) were pressured into voting a particular way. Duke said that several members had promised him their support, but they then preferenced him third only hours later.

Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe I was misinformed somewhere down the line, but understand my misgivings.

I understand both your misgivings and your frustration, but I will say for all to see that I have never pressured a member, DA or otherwise, into voting the way I wanted them to. That is the true message of the DA. I know it is hard to imagine, as the major parties in Atlasia are quite expert at simply providing ballots to their voters and mobilizing them as the leadership chooses, but I do not function in that way. I do not mobilize members, I do not pressure members.

I can't speak for everyone in my party. Nor can I say that members of other parties did not successfully lobby DA members. We have a variance of ideologies, stances and beliefs and are open to members bucking party line. Understand that the DA is a new sort of party and we hold that very dear. The conventional wisdom does not hold with me.

Like last election, I do seek the endorsement of the RPP. My credentials speak for themselves. I believe it is a mistake to let rumors and conventional assumptions hold you back from voting according to your beliefs, but that is up to you and your membership.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »

I heard reports that two members of the DA (who shall go unnamed for their protection) had said that they were pressured into voting a particular way. Duke said that several members had promised him their support, but they then preferenced him third only hours later.

Maybe I remember incorrectly or maybe I was misinformed somewhere down the line, but understand my misgivings.

Correct. This is water under the bridge now, but I was informed by two DA members that they were pushed hard to vote Marokai ahead of me. The others that voted to endorse me at the convention gave into the demands. It is really hard for PS to claim otherwise. It was hardly as simple as "I announced my endorsement and that was that." If you had noticed, you did that and I still had the most votes during the convention after your announcement. It was when the voting booth opened that I began getting third preferences from nearly all of them sans a few loyal folks.

All I am saying is that you may work with us, and that is true, but only when you expect us to get you reelected. So all I am saying is that I hope the JCP is kind to you, because you certainly stuck your neck out there for them back in June.

Are you saying that I am lying? I have stated and will state again that never have I pressured a member of the DA to vote in any specific way. I announce my endorsement, I vote in the public polls and make my opinion known, but I reject party leaders leaning on members to vote as the leaders want.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 04:59:39 PM »

My endorsement may very well have been the impetus behind people changing their minds on a vote. I do hope my endorsements have some meaning and I will not deny that I ensured that there were no doubts on where I stood, but I did not privately or publicly pressure individual members of the DA to vote a specific way.

I would be happy to continue this discussion in greater detail in private. I just thought I should make it quite clear that, regardless of what some members of the RPP may think, I have been nothing but an honest broker with your party and Atlasians in general.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 10:06:56 AM »

UPDATED ENDORSED BALLOT:

1. SPC
2. AHDuke
3. Franzl

That's the 'keep Afleitch out' ballot I presume?
Exactly, our goal now is elect SPC and then make sure if Duke fails short Franzl is in there. 

Right. And my goal is to make sure that SPC lives up to the "libertari" portion of his "libertarian" presumptions. If he doesn't legalize gay marriage, I'll smash his penis in.

Actually no marriage in Atlasia anymore. All couples, no matter sexual affiliation, can receive civil unions.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies