Trump may have won Pueblo county in CO. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:44:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump may have won Pueblo county in CO. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump may have won Pueblo county in CO.  (Read 1807 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 12, 2016, 09:13:23 PM »

It's the White vote that is destroying the GOP in states like CO and VA. Their poor showing among minorities doesn't help, but it's not the single most important factor.

WORD

lesson of this election:

minority vote kills GOP on the long run if they don't moderate their tone (there are galaxies between being sceptical about amnesty and talking about brown people like traitors) - but in the short run: the dems get killed, if they don't hold their share of the white vote/lose white votes faster than the white share of the electorate decreases.

What is pretty crazy too is how Hillary is up there past 4% and still lost already 4 counties with just a 1.5% drop in support.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 02:36:39 PM »

And with roughly the same margins as before.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »

I will believe that the WWC swung Southern Colorado to Trump even if Trump made almost zero net inroads to Colorado over Romney. I guess in other parts of the state that have a large WWC yeomanry (you know, the guys with neckbeards who do alright. Aren't book smart but vote overwhelmingly Republican despite making some but not much money) but was offset by stronger showing my students, minorities, and "smart" people were places like Laramier County, where CSU/Fort Collins probably canceled out the Loveland, 287 north of Fort Collins, and 14, the road to Greeley.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 06:56:16 PM »

There is definitely adifferent voting pattern between White Hispanics and mixed-race or non-white Hispanics.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:21:29 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a big part of the reason CO and NM have trended so strongly Democratic the White vote rather than the Hispanic vote? Republicans just don't get the margins they need among Whites in those states anymore. The minority vote doesn't help them ofc, but it's not the single most important reason why the Republicans have collapsed in those states.
Angry white women?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies