Karl Rove predicts Romney victory with 279 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 09:03:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Karl Rove predicts Romney victory with 279 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Karl Rove predicts Romney victory with 279  (Read 2422 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 01, 2012, 11:58:33 AM »

I have it at 285, but my early prediction matched this. 

Well, yes, my intuition tells me that if Mittens manages to carry Ohio, he will get Iowa too. Just a wild guess.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

Karl Rove is a power-hungry man who wants to exercise power as it has never been exercised at the national level -- as an unelected Party Boss to whom an intractable majority is dependent.  It is a machine boss on a national scale. If this election does not give him that, then his chances at such are through.

With the urban bosses one who ran afoul could vote with his feet easily. If one found Tammany Hall intolerable one could always go to New Jersey, Connecticut, Long Island, Westchester County -- or upstate New York. The Daley machine in Chicago had no power in Indiana, Wisconsin, or southwestern Michigan even if its tentacles reached Springfield. With a machine boss of the type that Karl Rove wants to be, one needs a passport to get away from his power and the talent for starting life over -- or simply endure the consequences with the forced smile. If you have children you prepare them to emigrate on the assumption that being a busboy in Budapest is better than being a machinist in Milwaukee.      

Karl Rove has never sought elected office. He has never sought a cabinet or judicial post. He would settle for power as the boss of a dominant Party in a political order in which opposition is irrelevant. Without the murders that is how Stalin operated. His chance for becoming dictator runs out due to his age if Barack Obama is re-elected.  

And there you have it!  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies