Are constitutional amendments presented to the president? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:14:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Are constitutional amendments presented to the president? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are constitutional amendments presented to the president?  (Read 1388 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« on: December 31, 2004, 03:19:01 PM »

Article I, Section 7.
Clause 3: Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Obviously a presidential veto would be pretty much useless since 2/3 would probably just repass the amendment, but I'm just wondering. With normal bills, even if it gets a 2/3 vote, it is presented to the president, right?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 12:05:59 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2005, 12:33:05 PM by Philip »

The President serves no role in ammending the Constitution.

It says every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary. While I realize a presidential veto would be worthless, it seems to me that it should be presented to him.

Anyway, I never thought he had anything to do with the process, and I don't think that he should, but my question is why?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 10:36:16 AM »

I know that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies