Finland elections 18 March
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Finland elections 18 March
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Finland elections 18 March  (Read 7409 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 09:38:50 AM »

Thanks
kireev

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »

Maps! More http://www.electoralgeography.com/en/countries/f/finland/2007-parliament-elections-finland.html

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 09:31:15 PM »

Its nice to see a conservative party get all the votes in the urban areas Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »

Wow, the Swedish vote is quite concentrated.
kireev

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 02:00:28 PM »

Thanks, but I cannot switch the colors though - I would have to remake the map.  I just have to remember the parties' colors next time.

Btw, can you, as a Finn, explain why the Center Party is so popular in the countryside and the National Coalition Party's geography is like a mirror reflection of the CP's geography?

Nice map, please switch the SFP (obviously yellow) and Left wing alliance (should be some shade of red) colors .
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 02:11:17 PM »

Thanks, but I cannot switch the colors though - I would have to remake the map.  I just have to remember the parties' colors next time.

Btw, can you, as a Finn, explain why the Center Party is so popular in the countryside and the National Coalition Party's geography is like a mirror reflection of the CP's geography?

Nice map, please switch the SFP (obviously yellow) and Left wing alliance (should be some shade of red) colors .

I'm not a Finn, but I'll have a go. The Center Party is in its origins an agrarian party, and strongly supports decentralization, which is popular in the rural areas.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »

Because the Center Party is an Agrarian Center-Right party, and the Coalition is an Urban Center-Right party. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 02:14:07 PM »

Because the Center Party is an Agrarian Center-Right party, and the Coalition is an Urban Center-Right party. Smiley

See also: Denmark (though maybe not to the extent that was?)
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 04:43:21 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2007, 04:45:03 PM by Huckleberry Finn »

How earth I couldn't find this thread earlier? Sad

Good to see that this is done though. Thanks to Aethelberth for waving our flag high. Smiley

I will possibly post some comments later.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 05:21:02 PM »

The map only shows where parties are number ones. For example Tampere is conservative in the map although leftists (SDP/Left/Greens/Communist) took majority (about 51 %) of vote there and Coalition got only 27,3 which is quite good in this old industrial town though.

Kouvola (in South-Eastern Finland) where I now live has always been one of the strongest strongholds of Coalition. The party got 38% here and SDP and Centre only 20% both Smiley

Local factors here: A lot of entrepreneurs and white-collar workers + military bases. Also railways, which is remarkably employer here, are at least a minor factor, because many railway employees are surprisingly Coalition voters! This is because of during the interwar period railways only hired 'trustworthy' workers and the occupation has descended in some families as well as political affiliation.

Here you can find the municipality level results, but only in Finnish and Swedish.

http://www.yle.fi/vaalit/tulospalvelu/index.htm
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 08:35:52 AM »

See also: Denmark (though maybe not to the extent that was?)

Denmark is similar though Venstre (the old agrarian party) was originally more left-liberal than its Swedish and Finnish counter-parts (that's why they're still called the Left, which is funny since they're the right-winged party now)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies