Tim Canova announces re-run against DWS, Bernie disowns him
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:45:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tim Canova announces re-run against DWS, Bernie disowns him
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tim Canova announces re-run against DWS, Bernie disowns him  (Read 992 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »
« edited: June 27, 2017, 08:54:53 AM by Shadows »

Bernie Sanders isn’t backing Tim Canova in his second bid against Wasserman Schultz

Last week, Canova announced he will challenge Wasserman Schultz again in 2018 despite a 14-point loss in the Democratic primary to the longtime congresswoman from Weston. But this time around, Sanders isn’t on board. “I have no idea about Tim Canova, I honestly don’t,” Sanders said when asked if he plans to support Canova’s second bid against Wasserman Schultz. “I know nothing about Tim Canova.” In January, Canova wrote on Facebook that Rich “may have been the Wikileaks source of the leaked DNC emails. He was gunned down, assassinated under suspicious circumstances just days after publication of those leaked emails.”

Kira Willig, a Sanders delegate in 2016 and leader of the Our Revolution affiliated People’s Progressive Caucus of Miami-Dade, said the group has not decided whether or not to endorse Canova in 2018. “I’m certain that Tim Canova’s candidacy will be a discussion at our next meeting on July 5th,” Willig said. Willig said she supports the policy positions of Canova over Wasserman Schultz, but acknowledged that spreading conspiracy theories doesn’t help win votes in the district, even if some liberal Democrats are emboldened by the rhetoric. “I think it’s a distraction,” Willig said, adding that Canova has “a rough road ahead of him”

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article157374229.html
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2017, 08:54:20 AM by Shadows »

From Wikipedia -

In October 2011, he was appointed by U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders to an advisory committee on Federal Reserve reform. The committee's work focused on potential paths to restructuring the Fed and tightening rules on conflicts of interest. Nobel Laureate economists like Stiglitz were also appointed to this committee !

Canova has taught at - Law and Public Finance at Nova Southeastern University's Shepard Broad College of Law, University of Miami School of Law, St. Thomas University School of Law, University of New Mexico School of Law, University of Arizona College of Law. He previously held an endowed professorship as the inaugural Betty Hutton Williams Professor of International Economic Law at the Chapman University School of Law. Canova has practiced law in New York City with the international law firms of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and Mudge Rose Guthrie Alexander & Ferdon.

He has published several articles in journals in multiple languages, as well as book chapters and opinion pieces on law, labor, finance, banking and public policy. He predicted, many years in advance, the 2008 economic downturn precipitated by deregulation and the wide use of financial derivatives. Canova's work has been referenced by individuals such as Noam Chomsky, who has quoted Canova in books and magazine articles on politics, banking, and economics.

Kinda sad that someone with such an impeccable career & strong qualifications who could have been an amazing Congressman bought into this Seth Rich conspiracy theory !
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:52:21 AM »

Can you please stop putting exclamation points in all your topics.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 11:24:13 AM »

Canova has gone conspiracy theorist...
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:32:09 PM »

Kelli Ward has a better chance of defeating Jeff Flake in the primary and then winning the general by 20 points than Canova does of even coming close to defeating DWS.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »

Tim Canova is a joke
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 01:39:12 PM »

Can you please stop putting exclamation points in all your topics.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 02:10:07 PM »

I hate to support DWS, but I have to if she's facing him.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »

Tim Canova is so bad I would vote for DWS over him.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 02:11:08 PM »

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 02:18:13 PM »

Lmao... also:

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »

I eagerly anticipate the great Bernie-Canova schizm on r/polticalrevolution.
JMT

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »

I supported Canova last time around, but won't do so again. Spreading the Seth Rich conspiracy was terrible. I'm no fan of DWS, but would vote for her over Canova this time around. Hopefully a different democrat challenges DWS
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »

Yeah. I hate DWS but if I were to vote in this I would vote for DWS.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »

Yeah Canova has gone off the deep end. He's gone from stereotypical Berniecrat to stereotypical Bernie Bro, and I hate the phrase Bernie Bro.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »

From Wikipedia -

In October 2011, he was appointed by U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders to an advisory committee on Federal Reserve reform. The committee's work focused on potential paths to restructuring the Fed and tightening rules on conflicts of interest. Nobel Laureate economists like Stiglitz were also appointed to this committee !

Canova has taught at - Law and Public Finance at Nova Southeastern University's Shepard Broad College of Law, University of Miami School of Law, St. Thomas University School of Law, University of New Mexico School of Law, University of Arizona College of Law. He previously held an endowed professorship as the inaugural Betty Hutton Williams Professor of International Economic Law at the Chapman University School of Law. Canova has practiced law in New York City with the international law firms of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and Mudge Rose Guthrie Alexander & Ferdon.

He has published several articles in journals in multiple languages, as well as book chapters and opinion pieces on law, labor, finance, banking and public policy. He predicted, many years in advance, the 2008 economic downturn precipitated by deregulation and the wide use of financial derivatives. Canova's work has been referenced by individuals such as Noam Chomsky, who has quoted Canova in books and magazine articles on politics, banking, and economics.

Kinda sad that someone with such an impeccable career & strong qualifications who could have been an amazing Congressman bought into this Seth Rich conspiracy theory !

You didn't bold the extremely slimy stuff here, now highlighted in red. Teaching at awful law schools like those that exist solely to grab loan money from aspiring students and churn them out into unemployment and six figures of debt is akin to being involved in multi-level marketing.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »

I was pretty enthusiastic about Tim Canova last summer but the bulls--t around the Seth Rich conspiracy really turned me off to him.

I don't think I'll endorse anybody in this race.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies