Question for Never Trump Republicans.......... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:34:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Question for Never Trump Republicans.......... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Never Trump Republicans..........  (Read 1722 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: July 17, 2016, 06:29:58 AM »

..........Will it be worth it to put up with a Trump Presidency for 4 years in exchange for having a conservative Supreme Court and for having Republican friendly legislation passed?

Thank you, Winfield!

This sums up really nicely why any Republican should vote for Trump.

There has already been a period of eight years without any Republican friendly legislation being passed. Nobody should be in doubt that Hillary will continue to block any such attempt in the future, like Obama did.

A president coming from the Democratic Party represents a profound danger to our liberties. They are too used to ruling by means of Executive Orders and blocking legislation. They are not going to stop with that practice now.

Hillary's recent attack on Citizens United ruling proved once again that she is an enemy of liberty.

And there is no guarantee we will keep the Senate, so she may shove the worst kinds of activist judges down our throats. The prospect of that is truly terrifying.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »

I'm not a Republican, but I side with them more often than Democrats.

I'm voting Hillary this November.

Trump is far more dangerous, and anyone who cannot see this is incredibly blind and ignorant.

Or, perhaps, you are blinded by your hatred of his style and not thinking straight about substance.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 12:06:07 PM »

#NeverTrump Republicans should just become Democrats. The reason Trump won the nomination is because most Republican voters agree with the things he says.

Even when Trump loses in November, it's not like those Trump voters are going back into the closet. They're empowered now. They'll nominate Trump again in 2020, or someone like him. The days of McCain/Romney-type nominees are over.

If they agree with the Democratic agenda (like Erc), by all means they should.

We are talking about Republicans who are NeverTrump, but disagree with the Democratic agenda.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 12:08:02 PM »

No, because I don't trust Trump to nominate conservatives to the Court or get real conservative legislation passed.

But you trust Hillary to do all that?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 02:54:25 PM »

No.  And that doesn't make me a RINO or any less of a Republican than anyone else.

I'm not becoming a Democrat, either LOL.  Ever.

Republicans are never going to win another presidential election. Ever.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 04:42:00 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2016, 04:43:38 PM by Ljube »

No.  And that doesn't make me a RINO or any less of a Republican than anyone else.
I'm not becoming a Democrat, either LOL.  Ever.

Republicans are never going to win another presidential election. Ever.

Hillary has quite-a-bit of baggage (to be honest).
The Pubs had a better-than-normal chance this year, with Clinton on the Dem ticket.
But the Pubs chose racism instead .... so now, they lose (again) !

The Pubs had no chance with any of those other candidates running.

There simply are more Democrats in the country than there are Republicans. It doesn't help that the Republicans are also more divided.

Trump was the last chance for a Pub win, by keeping all Romney voters (including NeverTrumpers) and winning the working class voters in key swing states. If that doesn't work because the educateds vote against their interests (which I still think won't happen), Pubs are back to nominating another weak candidate in 2020 who is not going to get any of the Dem working class votes and will lose in Romney's fashion.

There simply is no hope for a Republican win any time soon. The nation is only going to become more Democratic and the Republicans have not won the popular vote since 1988 (not counting war time election in 2004 which was close too).
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »

The Pubs had no chance with any of those other candidates running.

You must be joking.

Did you see ANY of the matchup polls between Hillary and the others vs Hillary vs Donald?

Rubio and Kasich had a clear advantage. Even Cruz.

Trump always performed the worst against Clinton.

I don't know how to respond to something like this. I hope you are just venting/provoking me.

It has been proven time and time again that these polls simply signal that the parties are divided during the primaries and that the frontrunners receive more negative votes than the outsiders.

In other words, those polls do not indicate the actual performance of those candidates pitted against Hillary Clinton.

Consider this fact too: Both Hillary and the Donald have 100% name recognition and are very well defined. Those other candidates were not widely known and are not defined and naturally opinion of them is going to be higher.

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »

Platform wise I think being against Free trade and increased immigration is insane. But that is not the deal breaker with the Donald. Policy is secondary, he himself is not qualified to be commander in chief. He lacks the experience, intelligence, character, and gravitas to be our envoy to the world.

I do not understand how anyone can look past this. A person whose life achievements are: two failed marriages, owning a bunch of hotels and golf courses, and producing a trash TV show is simply not qualified to be president. It wouldn't matter if I agreed with him on every issue.

Consider, carefully, what Clinton will do if given the chance, before dismissing Trump's crass demeanor from your elitist high position up there, somewhere in the clouds.

Think what harm Clinton's rule will do to you, personally.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies