Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?(Aug 2017) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:32:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?(Aug 2017) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?
Joe Biden

Cory Booker

Sherrod Brown

Steve Bullock

Julian Castro

Hillary Clinton

Andrew Cuomo

John Delaney

Al Franken

Tulsi Gabbard

Kirsten Gillibrand

Kamala Harris

Amy Klobuchar

Terry McAuliffe

Jeff Merkley

Seth Moulton

Chris Murphy

Gavin Newsom

Martin O’Malley

Deval Patrick

Tim Ryan

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

someone else

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 94

Author Topic: Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?(Aug 2017)  (Read 3076 times)
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: August 02, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »

Out the choices listed...either Warren or Gillibrand... I chose Warren, because of how easily Gillibrand can be pinned as a flip-flopper ala John Kerry or Mitt Romney.

Also, for next month could you please remove Hillary Clinton (she isn't running) and maybe add a Mark Zuckerberg/George Clooney option?

Although Hillary has indicated that she isn't running, we can't guarantee that the same will hold true come 2019. I would keep her on the list of options until about mid-2019 or so.
Agreed and I actually think there is a greater chance she will run then that of Zuckerberg and to a lesser extent Clooney. Although I would not post this comment on facebook.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »

oh I like that one !
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 09:39:13 PM »

Well if Biden and Clinton opt out of running where do those voters go? I hardly see Warren and no way on Bernie getting them.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »

Not sure yet. I think it'll be someone who is not really expected to.

The sole vote for Newsom.

Newsom will become the next Governor of California about a year and a half from now. After being governor for roughly a year he will announce his run for the presidency. He will win over progressive voters that backed Sanders so strongly in 2016, largely due to his strong progressive support on key issues such as the environment, gay marriage, and marijuana legalization. He will win over enough of the remaining Dems to capture the party's nomination (aged 52), and will go on to win the presidency (aged 53) only two years after being elected Governor of California. Don't underestimate Newsom. He's the one to watch. Pay attention.

Nah, won't happen. Newsom is favored be our next governor and he may run for president one day, but certainly not in 2020. That's too early. He'd likely support Harris if she enters the race.

Yeah I like both, but agree 2020 would be too soon for Newsom presuming he is elected Governor. I could see 2024 or 2028 and beyond. I think both have bright futures ahead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies