FL-13: Crist running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-13: Crist running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-13: Crist running  (Read 5158 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: October 28, 2015, 02:54:50 PM »

I wish him well. It is a shame for Floridians that he lost the election if only for the fact that he would have expanded Medicaid to more uninsured Floridians. I hope he wins the seat, and then comes back as Governor 4-8 years from now, and if he makes a name for himself as a progressive legislator or governor within his new Party, I'd like to see him on a presidential ticket somewhere down the road.

Yeah....no. If you didn't notice, expansion of Medicare this year already caused a massive fracas in the legislature and while Rick Scott admittedly didn't help with his incredibly stupid hospital funding plan, the primary force in the state stopping expansion of Medicare is actually the House, specifically, the incoming House Speaker who led what he called a "great crusade" against it. Charlie Crist wouldn't be able to act without the legislature  and he wouldn't have the spine to fight them anyway. Medicare would fall by the wayside as Crist would negotiate to get some kind of populist goodie to pave the way for a future campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies