Ben Carson wants abortion outlawed, even in cases of rape or incest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:48:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ben Carson wants abortion outlawed, even in cases of rape or incest
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Carson wants abortion outlawed, even in cases of rape or incest  (Read 3920 times)
IronFist
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2015, 04:24:19 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/10/25/ben-carson-abortion-rape-incest-roe-wade/74585040/
It's perfectly understandable that Ben Carson is not the most popular candidate. But he will lose all his support very soon if he keeps that ultra-conservative agenda. Seriously, abortion is a granted right of every woman. And no matter how conservative a person is he should understand that if he wants to become the president he must do the things people want from him.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »

Fun fact: Just about every Republican believes this, because the terrible crimes committed don't justify murder, which is even worse.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 04:38:21 PM »

Fun fact: Just about every Republican believes this, because the terrible crimes committed don't justify murder, which is even worse.

But yet they support the death penalty regardless of how many innocent people the government murders.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »

But yet they support the death penalty regardless of how many innocent people the government murders.

Not all of us have that line of thinking, but the ones who do find that "that life" has earned that punishment while the child has done nothing wrong itself. Definitely a viable perspective though I don't think anyone can "earn" that type of punishment.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 06:07:18 PM »

That is just simply NOT true.  First of all (as I linked below), 27% of Republicans are pro-choice, so obviously those people do not believe that.  And according to a CNN poll (the second link, about half way down), 76% of Republicans think abortions should be legal "when the pregnancy was caused by rape or incest."

So yeah, you're just like completely wrong.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/170249/split-abortion-pro-choice-pro-life.aspx

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »

What? Polls consistently show that less than half of Republicans think abortion should be illegal for rape victims.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 07:10:57 PM »

lol
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 09:00:39 PM »

I seriously don't understand how a pro-life person can actually support rape/incest exceptions as anything other than a compromise.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »

I seriously don't understand how a pro-life person can actually support rape/incest exceptions as anything other than a compromise.

Forcing a woman who has been raped to give birth seems evil, no?  And, mutant babies, not a good idea, no?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »

Forcing a woman who has been raped to give birth seems evil, no?  And, mutant babies, not a good idea, no?

More Republican voters, you see.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »

Forcing a woman who has been raped to give birth seems evil, no?  And, mutant babies, not a good idea, no?

For a pro-life person, you'd be literally punishing the child for the sins of their father. I'm pretty sure western law has rendered that mode of thinking quite obsolete, and for good reason. Killing them would be far more evil than forcing the mother to endure some possible temporary trauma.

As I said, this is provided you're a pro-life person who believes an unborn child is a person. If you don't believe that, then it would seem harsh, yes. If you do, then your assertion seems even moreso.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 09:10:09 PM »

It isn't anything other than a compromise, that's the point.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »

Some anti-abortion people just find the idea of abortion uncomfortable or "icky" without believing a fetus is the same thing as a person. Those people might be even more uncomfortable with rape victims being forced to bring the fetus to term than they are with aborting it.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »

More Republican voters, you see.

Totally, bro.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 10:09:13 PM »

Clinton would crush this clown.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 02:10:23 AM »

Forcing a woman who has been raped to give birth seems evil, no?  And, mutant babies, not a good idea, no?

For a pro-life person, you'd be literally punishing the child for the sins of their father. I'm pretty sure western law has rendered that mode of thinking quite obsolete, and for good reason. Killing them would be far more evil than forcing the mother to endure some possible temporary trauma.

As I said, this is provided you're a pro-life person who believes an unborn child is a person. If you don't believe that, then it would seem harsh, yes. If you do, then your assertion seems even moreso.

There are in fact plenty of pro-choice activists who argue that even if the fetus is a person with a right to life, the mother’s right to control her body trumps that right, and so abortion should be legal regardless of your opinion of the status of the fetus.  See the “violinist” thought experiment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Defense_of_Abortion

A more mild version of that line of thinking could be constructed to defend a “pro-life with rape exception” position: You may think that if the mother has engaged in sexual intercourse knowing that it may lead to pregnancy, that implies her taking responsibility for any life that may be created as a consequence of her freely chosen decision to have sex.  But that if the conception came about via rape, then she never made that choice, and so her right to control her body then trumps the right to life of the fetus.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 02:27:21 AM »

Do you even know the definition of the word fact?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 02:28:49 AM »

Carson really pushing for that woman vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies