Abolish the Death Penalty: Mission Accomplished (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:13:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Abolish the Death Penalty: Mission Accomplished (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abolish the Death Penalty: Mission Accomplished  (Read 3818 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« on: June 20, 2016, 10:39:10 AM »

I will oppose the abolition of death penalty.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »

Could you elaborate as to why you are supporting the continuing practice of something that is arbitrary, has killed innocent lives and is not fiscally responsible?
I simply believe that terrorists, murderers and rapists simply don't deserve to live. Period.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »

Could you elaborate as to why you are supporting the continuing practice of something that is arbitrary, has killed innocent lives and is not fiscally responsible?
I simply believe that terrorists, murderers and rapists simply don't deserve to live. Period.
Can you describe why you support the system we have now that allows for a man who killed over 50 people to avoid the death penalty while another man who had a mental illness and 1-day trial receive death penalty? Also, what would you say to the families, such as Carlos DeLuna's, who lost an innocent family member because their state had the death penalty? Had DeLuna been in a state that didn't have the death penalty, he would have been able to walk a free man.

Sorry, but I just can't accept "because that is what I believe" as a valid reason to turn a blind eye to innocent lives being lost in a system that is unjust.
Look, I never said that would support a system that would've let the Orlando shooter get away with killing over 50 people. And there will always be mistakes in the judicial system, but they can be (and should be) fixed through different ways - abolition of death penalty is not one of them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies