The topless parade. Pride or Shame? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The topless parade. Pride or Shame? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The topless parade. Pride or Shame?  (Read 6948 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:26 AM »

Why is it anybody's job to cater to somebody else's irrational ideas about what makes them uncomfortable? Can't you extend this pretty easily into women having to wear more modest dress in general because it would make people uncomfortable otherwise?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »

I like topless women (heterosexual normal)

So do I. Indoors. In bed.

Why is it anybody's job to cater to somebody else's irrational ideas about what makes them uncomfortable? Can't you extend this pretty easily into women having to wear more modest dress in general because it would make people uncomfortable otherwise?

Hardly irrational. I don't want to see the body part that is informally, yet widely, recognised as having deeply sexual connotations in situations where those connotations are inappropriate.

What if I had a foot fetish? Would I have the right to demand that women cover up their feet to satisfy my prudishness?

A lot of what this functionally comes down to is people tut-tutting women for breastfeeding in public. It's happened to my wife multiple times. That's shameful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies