The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:36:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Federalist Party of Atlasia: February 2014 Convention  (Read 23829 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 03:04:40 AM »

By an overwhelming margin, Lumine has been endosed by the Federalist Party in this weekends special election to the fill At-Large #2, formerly held by Senator Tmthforu94.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 03:06:58 AM »

Got nothing on the 2009 Convention. Of course that had already pre-derailed itself.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »

I am pretty sure this vote ran out of time twelve hours ago. Since the last two votes don't change the outcome, I see no problem in counting them unless anyone has objections.

I will post the exact results later and make it official at that point when I have enough energy to not collapse where I stand.

It think Dereich is ahead by a few votes and myself by quite a few.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 06:26:42 PM »

NC Yankee (21) : TJ in Cleve, Spamage, PiT, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Miles, Pingvin, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, Devin, Rooney, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, Cris, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak, JCL 
Devin (0):   

NC Yankee has been elected Chairman of the Federalist Party of Atlasia. You are all so thorougly so unbelievably screwed now, Atlasians. Evil

Dereich  (13): TJ in Cleve, PiT, Miles, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak,
JCL      (Cool : Spamage, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Pingvin, Devin, Rooney, Cris, JCL

Dereich has been elected Vice Chairman of the Federalist Party. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »

NC Yankee (21) : TJ in Cleve, Spamage, PiT, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Miles, Pingvin, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, Devin, Rooney, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, Cris, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak, JCL  
Devin (0):  

NC Yankee has been elected Chairman of the Federalist Party of Atlasia. You are all so thorougly so unbelievably screwed now, Atlasians. Evil

Dereich  (13): TJ in Cleve, PiT, Miles, Duke, Matt, Ben, MasterJedi, DC al Fine, Jack Enderman, ChairmanSanchez, Pessimistic Antineutrino, RileyKeaton, Oldiesfreak,
JCL      (Cool : Spamage, Goldwater, Tmthforu94, Pingvin, Devin, Rooney, Cris, JCL

Dereich has been elected Vice Chairman of the Federalist Party.  

Breaking News: Federalist Chairman North Carolina Yankee lays out his party's vision for Atlasia "you are all unbelievably screwed now, Atlasians." Wink

I was under the impression must saw such as a positive thing.

I guess Nixy baby had a point yesterday. You have a "problem with love". Tongue You might want to see someone about that, man. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2014, 11:41:03 PM »

I am just playing with you, man. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »

With that said, though my party identification has changed, my policies certainly will not.  I will continue to pursue legislation that will alleviate homelessness in our region, I will continue to pursue legislation that will create a fair regulatory framework for our energy economy, and I will continue to pursue legislation that will curb illegal spying activities by any government body.  On that, I will also continue to support candidates who I think have the best ideas and are most qualified for elected office in this game.

On Homelessness:
Are you guys pursuing something similar to what they did in Utah, or some other approach?

Regulation on Energy:
What did you have in mind?

Illegal Spying:
Our Members with yellow avatars and some with blue are hardly going to be angry about this I would imagine. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 02:40:48 AM »

Let me know when reaches the floor?

Any plans to pursue this in other regions, like your old NE for example? On thing the Federalist Party needs to get into is advocating for Regional Action on various issues like this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

Let me know when reaches the floor?

Any plans to pursue this in other regions, like your old NE for example? On thing the Federalist Party needs to get into is advocating for Regional Action on various issues like this.

Most of my education ideas were already in effect in the Northeast before much of it was scrapped over a month ago.  I'm not quite sure what you mean as far as regional action goes.  I can only do what I can in my capacity as an IDS Legislator...

Why was it scrapped?

I understand your present position, Scott. As a national Party though, we can bring ideas to other regions and/or work to press for action through different means even if we are both residents of the IDS.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Once we have finished all other business in this convention, the selection of the next city will occur.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 07:04:06 PM »

Interesting set of developments.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »

I am going to go ahead adn open the 48 hour period for the nomination of cities to be our next convention site.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »

This eneds tomorrow morning.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 01:38:00 AM »

Cities Nominated So Far:
Denver, CO
Little Rock, AR
Seattle, WA
Baltimore, MD
Calgary, AB
Charleston, SC
Milwaukee, WI

There are ten hours remaining to nominate more cities. I will probably be starting the vote tomorrow afternoon or evening sometime.

I want to start the planned policy developement summit tomorrow. I had hoped all the procedural stuff will be out of the way and we could do it here, but since this is to close anyway, I am going to start a new thread for that instead. I encourage all members of the Federalist Party to participate and welcome any and all suggestions. Both Federal and Regional level Policies will be in order as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I am here, before the convention, to apologize to my home, the Federalist Party. I am sorry, my friends, for making a lapse of judgment and abandoning the party that has housed my ideas and welcomed me to the game. This party, my party, the Federalist Party are the people with which my loyalty lies.

Hours earlier, I posted in the New Register Thread something that I quickly came to regret. After its lightning-fast ascendance, I was wooed by members of the People's Party into joining their party for a number of hours. After a healthy dose of realism, I returned to my decision and realized its flaws. I should never have, and I deeply regret that lapse in judgement.

I ask the members of the Federalist Party for their absolute forgiveness, their understanding, and their continued inclusiveness. I hope that, together, we can enact a new age of Atlasian conservatism that is made of bold solutions and big ideas. I thank you for your understanding and look forward to our time together.

You need not feel shame about this. Enthusiasm for a new party can be powerful. Nor must their be flaws with the People in order to elect to stay with the Federalists as a better option. They are good people I would assume like the other parties and to the extent that we are dealt with by such with honesty and integrity, they will likewise be treated with respect, honesty and cooperation by the Federalist Party.

I would encourage members who might feel compelled to leave us to give us a chance as we begin to pursue a month of activism and energy, to voice their concerns and disagreements so that if they can be resolved, we will exert every effort within reason to do so that we may keep retain their skills, experience and ideas.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 12:43:02 AM »

official ballot:

Cities Nominated:
[  ] Denver, CO
[  ] Little Rock, AR
[  ] Seattle, WA
[  ] Baltimore, MD
[  ] Calgary, AB
[  ] Charleston, SC
[  ] Milwaukee, WI
[  ] Portsmouth, NH

Please preferenced the above cities in your desired order. The vote shall begin immediately and conclude 72 hours from its commencement. The IRV method shall be used to calculate the vote totals.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 03:24:59 AM »

official ballot:

Cities Nominated:
[ 7 ] Denver, CO
[ 3 ] Little Rock, AR
[ 5 ] Seattle, WA
[ 8 ] Baltimore, MD
[ 4 ] Calgary, AB
[ 1 ] Charleston, SC
[ 2 ] Milwaukee, WI
[ 6 ] Portsmouth, NH
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 02:40:47 AM »

I would like to have the full count posted publically before declaring a selection and preferential vote counts have never been my strong suit.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 01:17:05 AM »

Charleston wins. Ties were broken by looking at number of first preferences. Further ties in that count moved on to seconds, thirds, etc. In the end, Charleston beat out Portsmouth because Charleston had many more second preferences.

courtesy of Hagrid.

My apologies for not posting this sooner, but for some reason the chart didn't appear in the PM sent a few days ago until tonight, probably hadn't loaded and until it did, the space was condensed down leaving no indication of its presence.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2014, 01:18:30 AM »

I'll leave the results up for review and officially close the convention thread tomorrow.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 09:14:18 AM »

Charelston has officially be selected as the next site for our Convention.

If there is no further business to come before this convention, I declare it closed.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies