Who do you currently plan on voting for in the 2016 General Election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:01:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who do you currently plan on voting for in the 2016 General Election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who do you currently plan on voting for in the 2016 General Election?
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Gary Johnson

Jill Stein

Other/Will Not Vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 151

Author Topic: Who do you currently plan on voting for in the 2016 General Election?  (Read 2380 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2016, 07:11:48 PM »

Georgia could be close, so Hillary. If I lived in West Virginia I would be voting for Johnson.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2016, 07:19:19 PM »

Johnson in hopes the LP can break 5%. But if there is no chance of that I may vote for Castle.
I may not want Trump anywhere near the oval office but I just cannot bring myself to vote Clinton either. I have never been a fan of voting for the lesser evil.
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2016, 08:02:12 PM by Roemerista »

Clinton, of course. Trump is just far too horrible. First vote for a Dem anything in 20 years.
amdcpus
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2016, 08:27:52 PM »

Clinton has the clear majority on here it seems.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »

Independent sitting this one out.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »

Interesting. Looks like it's mostly Clinton supporters here.

I think most people who take the time to visit and register at a political site like this, and discuss American politics on said site, are for the most part fairly intelligent.

And yet, Hillary is winning.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2016, 11:04:47 PM »

The forum has always, unsurprisingly, had more Democrats than Republicans. Two interesting things I've noted this year are:

1. Lots of Clinton support. In 2008, as I recall, support for Obama over Clinton was overwhelming on here. I'd have expected similarly landslide Sanders support given the age range of most posters. But it's seemed to be fairly balanced.

2. The lack of support for Trump within the Atlas Republicans. Most of the Trumpists on here seem to be atypical freaks (no offense). The regular Republicans on here who had a high profile before the primaries got underway a majority seem to be #NeverTrump.

I guess the forum population skews more educated so that could be one reason. I guess people who follow politics more would also be more aware of how awful Trump is while a lot of voters might be a bit more generically supporting the Republican candidate.

I think that the forum population skews young is another good reason why #NeverTrump is so high here. Anecdotally, in real life I don't think I know anybody over 25 who is a Republican who doesn't support Trump, but among those under 25 who identify as Republican only a third or so actually intend to vote for Trump (and I don't personally know anyone under 25 who supported him in the primary, though obviously such people do exist; I've mentioned before that in my precinct dropout Carson had more support than Trump did), with most of the rest either sitting out or protest voting. Age, in my experience, is a very strong predictor of the likelihood of #NeverTrump status (and primary exit polls confirmed that non-Northeastern youth were much more anti-Trump than the elderly).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »

I'll be voting for Clinton, but for her VP I'll be writing in Ann Veal.

Too awesome of a reference!  I'd vote for Hillary/Egg, for sure.

Anyway, I'll be voting for Johnson.  I owe all the people I looked down on for voting third party an apology.  Sometimes, you just absolutely hate your (two main) choices.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2016, 11:08:59 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2016, 11:11:40 PM by wolfsblood07 »

Trump of course.  I vote straight Republican.  Any Republican who votes for Hillary is a traitor to the conservative cause.  In my opinion.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2016, 11:12:54 PM »

President: HRC/Warren (Hopefully)
Senate: Russ Feingold (Enthusiastically)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2016, 11:19:58 PM »

I support Donald J. Trump enthusiastically as both active opposition to Hillary Clinton and in support of the man himself. I laugh that so many atlas "Republicans" will support a criminal and far left liberal over Trump. If anything they should vote for a third party...
amdcpus
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2016, 06:22:29 AM »

Interesting. Third party candidates at 20%
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »

With nearly 150 votes that is a very impressive result.  Especially for a forum as overwhelmingly male as ours.  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2016, 10:26:50 AM »

Not a U.S. citizen, so I won't vote. But, for the record, I'd vote for Clinton.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2016, 10:30:40 AM »

Jill Stein, of course
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »

Clinton is a former First Lady who never really got anything right on major issues as Secretary of State.  At least Trump has achieved things in business and knows how to run companies.  Why would anyone prefer a failed politician with no charisma like Clinton over Trump?  Obama has no clue how to run a business.  Obama and Clinton could not run a lemonade stand.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2016, 11:10:22 AM »

Clinton is a former First Lady who never really got anything right on major issues as Secretary of State.  At least Trump has achieved things in business and knows how to run companies.  Why would anyone prefer a failed politician with no charisma like Clinton over Trump?  Obama has no clue how to run a business.  Obama and Clinton could not run a lemonade stand.

Is this seriously your argument for Trump?How disappointing.

Clinton is also a former 2-term senator and a former Secretary of State, and she did get quite a number of things right and some others wrong, but nobody is perfect.

Trump has achieved few things in business that didn't fail, and the government should never be treated as either a business or a company; it's a government.

Clinton is not a failed politician, and Trump has no business in the Oval Office. He has zero experience with any kind of policy, is thin-skinned, with evident narcissistic tendencies, and a bold-faced liar/flip-flopper. He also has no respect for anyone, including his constituents, and his own supporters admit he probably shouldn't be handed nuclear codes. Your candidate is a joke and cannot hold a candle to Clinton or Sanders or Kasich, etc. If it weren't for his enormous inherited wealth and the "small loan" of a million dollars, he'd be nothing.
amdcpus
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »

Anyone else?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies