Mason-Dixon: Allen(R) leads by four points over Webb(D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:36:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Mason-Dixon: Allen(R) leads by four points over Webb(D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mason-Dixon: Allen(R) leads by four points over Webb(D)  (Read 5615 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 10, 2006, 02:24:21 AM »

Well I expect Webbmania to break out all over the boards now. Man Virginia is trending left. If Webb wins this race it will be by far the biggest upset of the year.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 02:30:23 AM »

Damn Webb is even in the margin of error! Schumer, cough up some dough you jerk!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 07:43:59 PM »

Warner would (probably) win VA and that's it for the south.  I don't think he really has regional appeal in the south widespread, not that anybody does from our side.  And I doubt the Born-in-Indiana-Moved-To-Ohio-So-Therefore-I-Like-Evan-Bayh demographic is big enough to make an impact.

I don't think there is any doubt that Warner would win Virginia.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:10:05 AM »

I wouldn't be so quick to think Webb will win until he has taken the lead.

Webb will not win, but it is enough for me to know that Allen will not win a second term in a walk, and that the narrowness of the margin by which he wins reelection this year could wreck his presidential ambitions -at least far as 2008 is concerned. 

This poll confirms that. 

Why do you have a Webb sign as your avatar then if you do not believe he´s winning ? Nov. 7 is decision day and he may very well win. Wink

He supports Webb and wants him to win, but he predicts that he will fall short.

For a long time, I felt the same way, but in the last month and a half I have really taken this race seriously. 

All the polling suggests that the race should be taken dead seriously now. It is just the capital advantage that tilts the race slightly in Allen's favor. Once again, the race should be taken extremely seriously now though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies