Your position on gun control (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your position on gun control (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your position on gun control  (Read 1764 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: June 14, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »

I know I'm going to be dismissed as a loony leftist or something, but I believe that nobody should be allowed to own a gun.

Why do people own guns?

Self-Defense: Your bedside gun to protect yourself from an invader is more likely to end in an accident involving you shooting yourself, than in the protection of you. Not nearly enough crimes are prevented by people because they have guns to make this argument reasonable. So many people are shot by toddlers each year that it's really hard to justify this.

Hunting: Animal cruelty, and it's completely useless. Nobody hunts for food in 21st century America.

I look forward to arguing with someone over this.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:23:43 PM »

It's actually a decent news site, as long as you stay out of the comments section. I still maintain my subscription to the FT (which I read basically religiously) and read/watch plenty of "serious" news sources, but I really enjoy the tabloid-y style of Breitbart. Sometimes, I think I learn more from reading Breitbart than I do from reading the FT. They say things that the liberal media will not admit.

I took you seriously until then

Also, that's blatant anti-Semitism. Breitbart is one of the few sites we Jews don't control, and when someone says the "liberal media" they mean the "Illuminati Jewish media"
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 08:37:44 PM »

It's actually a decent news site, as long as you stay out of the comments section. I still maintain my subscription to the FT (which I read basically religiously) and read/watch plenty of "serious" news sources, but I really enjoy the tabloid-y style of Breitbart. Sometimes, I think I learn more from reading Breitbart than I do from reading the FT. They say things that the liberal media will not admit.

I took you seriously until then

Also, that's blatant anti-Semitism. Breitbart is one of the few sites we Jews don't control, and when someone says the "liberal media" they mean the "Illuminati Jewish media"
Are you serious? Andrew Breitbart was Jewish. And yes, "liberal media" is sometimes used as an anti-Semitic dog whistle, but that is not the case here. I've lived in Israel. I'm not anti-Semitic in any way.

Oh, it wasn't clear that I was joking? Lol, sorry, thought the illuminati made it obvious. I know that you aren't anti-Semitic, you're a great guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies