Limited Liability Company Abolition Act of 2014 (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:43:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Limited Liability Company Abolition Act of 2014 (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Limited Liability Company Abolition Act of 2014 (Failed)  (Read 2066 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 26, 2015, 10:56:11 PM »

Really? Really?

This will cause tremendous problems for all my shaddy hold.... er the Atlasian economy. Indeed, most of the companies that utilize this do so to avoid risk, we should not be increasing the legal exposure of such firms in such a broad manner. If there is some specific area of neglect then that would be dealt with within that issue set (environment, labor whatever). Anyway, I am not seeing any good reason for this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:32:59 AM »

So is a LLC not that if your firm gets bankrupt, you don't have to pay for everything with your private money? (Sorry for the bad wording, I hope you understand what I want to say...)

It also extends to legal liability, which is what TNF is gunning to remove here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:49:40 AM »

They do have legal action against the company and there are laws regulating the activities of individuals already with regards to companies (Financial regulations are a big example). So there is a way to go after them on the environment or to change a law to allow for such, without having to abolish LLCs.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »

Well, I think it's a poor idea. Plus, you'd think that if we were going to discuss something so drastic there'd be some kind of cataclysmic event that precipitated it... but I guess this is the new Atlasia. Tongue

Glad to see you have been paying attention since August of 2013. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 02:21:27 AM »

Well, I use the word "new" liberally, because I refuse to accept that anyone actually thinks this is the way things should be forever. Tongue

The drastic event is the legislation itself. That is how I used to use the emergency slots to speed us through TNF's handywork, but of course he never runs out of stuff to introduce so that was a futile endevour to try and work through it more quickly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies