Santorum surge about to happen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:24:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum surge about to happen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum surge about to happen?  (Read 1638 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: December 19, 2011, 07:35:27 AM »

Well, the only base he could have would be evangelicals, and he's a Catholic and thus is about as likely to get the evangelical vote like Huckabee did as I am of being crowned King of England.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »

Well, the only base he could have would be evangelicals, and he's a Catholic and thus is about as likely to get the evangelical vote like Huckabee did as I am of being crowned King of England.

It's not 1960 anymore. Evangelicals might not like Catholics, but I highly doubt that'll be the main issue. I'm sure they like Catholics more than they like Mormons. And who look who the other candidates are: Romney (Mormon), Gingrich (Catholic), and Paul (crazy, though Baptist). Bachmann, Perry, and Cain got the first three tries as flavor of the month because they are Evangelicals, but those three have failed. I'm not saying Santorum is going to have a surge and while I agree that him being Catholic is a contributing factor, that's not really the reason.

Depends on the evangelical in question. If they want a crazy bible beater they can go for Bachmann and if they just want another Christian they can work with than they could accept Paul. But I still don't see them going for a Catholic (or a Mormon, for that matter).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies