AG Hood to Gov. Barbour: Drop Dead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:32:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AG Hood to Gov. Barbour: Drop Dead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AG Hood to Gov. Barbour: Drop Dead  (Read 4251 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: November 27, 2007, 10:14:39 PM »

Good for Hood, and I LOVE your sig.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »

I can't say I know that much about the supreme court, but here's what I can tell:

William Waller Jr. is the son of former Democratic governor William Waller.  However he's pro tort-reform and is at least conservative, if not Republican.

James Graves is the only black justice, and has been touted as a possible longshot candidate for state office one day.  He's a Democrat.

Ann Lamar was appointed by Barbour and will do whatever he says...just look at her picture, and you can tell she doesn't do too much thinking for herself.  Michael Randolph was also a Barbour appointee.

George Carlson and Oliver Diaz were appointed by Musgrove and is presumably a Democrat

James Smith is the one who say that illustrious quote and is obviously a hardcore Republican.

The others...I don't know honestly.  It looks like a vote would be close.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 12:49:50 AM »

I would prefer to have the election soon and not have to worry about the Republicans running on Moore=Hillary (actually, they still will, but it won't stick as much).

I just doubt it will work out like that.  Barbour=god nowadays, and I can't imagine him not getting his way.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »

Simple fix is for Lott to wait until January to resign.  At least, from a Republican perspective that is a simple fix.
But then he'd have to wait 2 years instead of 1 to be a lobbyist.  Since he obviously doesn't care about the fact that he committed to serving 6 years in the Senate when he ran again in 2006.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies