Texas in the long term? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:29:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Texas in the long term? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas in the long term?  (Read 3622 times)
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« on: July 29, 2007, 12:58:59 AM »

75% of the state voted to ban marriage, so I don't expect this state to become sane any time soon.

what would you say about virginia where 43% supported such civil rights?  i think texas may be behind the curve, but demographic changes make it inevitable.  why do you think republican candidates are reverting to 1964-style racism?  what are they going to run on:  the war, the "ecaaaanamy" (how once can discern that bush is from ann coulter/joe liberman land)?  not likely, so now, it's obama-osama, illegal immigrants ruining america (forget that employers hire them), etc., etc.  they're hoping in vain to get 80% of the white vote in some of these states.  unfortunately for them, whites in texas have climbed to around 35% Democratic, so they're gonna get a shock when they see Democrats getting at least 47% next time.  let's just hope we don't have goldwater, jr. (HRC) v. NYC fascist (Giuliani)--lose/lose for the people.  If a majority of whites disapprove of a republican they twice elected as governor, if you combine bell and kinky's white vote share from 2006, i don't think getting the requisite 37 or 38% of the white vote to win the state will be out of the realm of possibility
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies