Romney is a failure...and Ryan is not happy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:38:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney is a failure...and Ryan is not happy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney is a failure...and Ryan is not happy  (Read 4185 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:30:33 PM »

Is there acid in my tea? Because when I started reading the second page that's what it felt like. What is the author saying? Is the entire article satirical or has the world gone topsy-turvy?

It is satire. Ryan could not be more committed to the ticket. On October 11, Biden will wish he had retired a few months ago.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2012, 01:39:52 PM by Politico »

Unbelievable how tone deaf the left has become. In particular, I respect Paul Krugman for his work on international trade, but nobody could make the profession of economics look like more of a joke (e.g., his obsession with running around like a crack addict talking about how one more fix of a more potent stimulus is all we need; never mind that all of the stimulus spending in the world does not do much for national economic growth when an administration blows most of it on special interest groups in Washington and state public unions). The best part of Obama's defeat will be seeing Krugman ignored outside of issues specifically dealing with trade. John Taylor, Greg Mankiw and Edward Prescott will put him in his place at long last.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2012, 03:08:00 PM by Politico »

A number of posters in this thread have been punked. They have so filtered objective reality through their political biases that they could not notice an obvious satire.

The article is on to something, however. Since Watergate, every Republican candidate running on a conservative platform [Reagan, Bush I 1998, and Bush II 2000] has won, and, every Republican candidate running as a moderate, or running on a moderate record has lost, with the sole exception of Bush II in 2004 whom had the good fortune of Osama Bin Laden endorsing his opponent just before the election. If Romney pursues a moderate strategy, he will suffer the fate as every other moderate. If that is the case, some folks in the Republican party had better step forward and speak up for conservatism.

Bush ran in 2000 on "compassionate conservatism," which was a far more watered-down version of conservatism than Romney has been forced to pursue thanks to Gingrich and Santorum. The campaign originally wanted to emulate that rhetoric, but Gingrich/Santorum forced them into a corner. We both want the same thing, but I warned you months ago about the implications of Gingrich/Santorum specifically with regards to female voters. Don't pull the "Romney's not conservative enough" card because he is running to the right of  every presidential contender since Reagan (with the possible exception of Bush in 2004)
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 07:28:24 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2012, 07:31:03 PM by Politico »

So just to make sure, Ryan in fact did not refer to Romney as "stench"?

The whole thing is satire. The fact that some of you still do not realize this is hilarious.

If Ryan were anything but ultra committed to the ticket, Romney would personally ensure he loses his Congressional race in 2014 (playing the same type of shadow role that Kerry played in Hillary's defeat in 2008, which was payback for the Clintons' games in late 2004 such as not holding off on releasing Bubba's autobiography until after the election).
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which is why he became the 'most hated president in America?' Come off it. He was a conservative. Liberals hated him with the passion of a thousand suns.

You're confusing Bush 2000 with Bush 2004. Big mistake.

There's a reason why turnout was so depressed in 2000, and why Nader stole so many votes from Gore. Hint: Triangulation from both sides had a lot to do with it, especially with regards to rhetoric.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 01:46:32 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2012, 01:54:55 AM by Politico »

A number of posters in this thread have been punked. They have so filtered objective reality through their political biases that they could not notice an obvious satire.

The article is on to something, however. Since Watergate, every Republican candidate running on a conservative platform [Reagan, Bush I 1998, and Bush II 2000] has won, and, every Republican candidate running as a moderate, or running on a moderate record has lost, with the sole exception of Bush II in 2004 whom had the good fortune of Osama Bin Laden endorsing his opponent just before the election. If Romney pursues a moderate strategy, he will suffer the fate as every other moderate. If that is the case, some folks in the Republican party had better step forward and speak up for conservatism.

We both want the same thing, but I warned you months ago about the implications of Gingrich/Santorum specifically with regards to female voters.

1) Don't tell me we want the same things because we simply do not.  For some reason, you wanted Romney as the nominee. I didn't.

2) As to your belief that you are in a position to "warn" me about anything, I strongly suggest that you do what it takes to get Romney across the finish line. Otherwise, the only suggestions folks like you are going to be making to other Republicans is, "Would you like fries with your burger?"

We do want the same thing in the sense that we want Obama out of the White House.

Trust me, we will achieve this result. When it comes to getting Romney to 270, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k95TfmeEWAE=#t=31s
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies