State Legislative Chambers in LA, MS, and VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:10:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State Legislative Chambers in LA, MS, and VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following chambers do you predict will either turn Republican, or become more heavily Republican by next January?
LA: House

LA: Senate

MS: House

MS: Senate

VA: House

VA: Senate

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: State Legislative Chambers in LA, MS, and VA  (Read 17926 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: March 20, 2011, 03:20:14 AM »

If you're just limiting it to Fairfax and PW, NoVa and Politically Uniform are synonyms. I'm pretty positive you couldn't hack out a Republican seat no matter how hard you try - though you could have some R seats based elsewhere protruding in.
Population distribution changes favor Democrats (apart from whatever Democratic presence remains in Southwest Virginia at the state level. I presume the exception is relevant.) IIRC the current map is a hard R gerrymander. No idea if that applies only to the House or to the Senate as well (in which case it would be a backfired gerrymander; I'm too lazy to look it up and it might just as well be that the two chambers, in traditional split control style, scratched each others' backs by greenlighting each others' opposite partisan gerrymanders.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »

Alright, so I was using a mental map of PW that doesn't include the areas west of Manassas. So sue me. Tongue
I was aware of Republicanish parts in northwest Fairfax and surprisingly strong Republican parts in far southern Fairfax (with the Dems then beginning again as you cross the line into PW). Johnny's Fairfax seat combines these two areas, of course.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »

Where else would they be? Everything else is 95%+ Black Democrats and White Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies