What is Rochambeau? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:50:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is Rochambeau? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Straight Male

Gay or Bi Male

Straight Female

Gay or Bi female

Troll

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: What is Rochambeau?  (Read 3576 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 14, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

Male, probably asexual, possibly prepubescent.

I also think that he's younger than Catmusic, who was almost certainly older than ten.

Were you paying attention to him? He acted ten.

Every now and then, he would let his guise slip...like when Intermoderate and I joked that he should name his first-born 'Catmusic JewishConservative,' and Catmusic responded by wondering how I knew that he was Jewish and ended the post with Wink.  That doesn't strike me as something a ten-year-old would do.

Others noticed other things, but that is the one that I remember.

I seem to remember that being tmtr4u or whatever his name is not catmusic.

I definitely believe Catmusic was 10.  Some of the stuff he said an adult mind trying to act like a child couldn't make up.  It was too pure.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »

Yeah, the maps feature is very easy to use and learn. And there's a button for generating code instantly to post the maps.

The only other one of those that strikes me as suspicious is #3, though it's not hard to browse the archives here. #2 isn't something most people would instantly realize who are used to message boards, #4 isn't shocking at all, do even a majority of 10-year olds know who Karl Marx is? The poll in #5 also seems like a typical 10-year old stupid question. Nothing odd about #6 at all really.

Do even a majority of Americans know who Karl Marx is?  I doubt it.

As for the first point, I know I did an awful lot of lurking before I signed up here, and a lot of archive-binging after I joined.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think a majority of Americans know who Karl Marx is.  Even the worst high schools in America name drop him a few times in history/economics classes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:30 PM »

Yeah, the maps feature is very easy to use and learn. And there's a button for generating code instantly to post the maps.

The only other one of those that strikes me as suspicious is #3, though it's not hard to browse the archives here. #2 isn't something most people would instantly realize who are used to message boards, #4 isn't shocking at all, do even a majority of 10-year olds know who Karl Marx is? The poll in #5 also seems like a typical 10-year old stupid question. Nothing odd about #6 at all really.

Do even a majority of Americans know who Karl Marx is?  I doubt it.

As for the first point, I know I did an awful lot of lurking before I signed up here, and a lot of archive-binging after I joined.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I think a majority of Americans know who Karl Marx is.  Even the worst high schools in America name drop him a few times in history/economics classes.

But not 4th and 5th grade classes.

Exactly.  This leads me to believe Catmusic was, at best, in Junior High.

As for the rest of these red flags:

1) With fewer than twenty posts, Catmusic could make and post his own maps, but two months later didn't know how to put a picture in his signature
2) He didn't know what YaBB god means
3) He knew about Yates, Ben Meyers*, and Straha
4) He had never heard of Karl Marx
5) He started a thread asking why it is cloudy at 4 AM
6) The aforementioned comment about being Jewish

1) Point's been covered by Xahar and BRTD.  Maps are easy to make and well advertised.  Signature changes require a bit of search on the settings.

2) YaBB hasn't been a popular message board software for years. Our board is technically SMF but uses YaBB titles as part of the import Dave made when he upgraded.  I wouldn't expect even a 16 year old to know what that means. BUT I would expect a 10 year old to be curious enough about it to start a thread.

3) Somewhat alarming.  But can easily be debunked:
  • He wasn't referring to Ben Meyers in that thread.  He was talking to PIT, who I think went on vacation or some meaningless, small departure that a child would find the need to say "welcome back!!!"
  • If you look at the rest of the Ben Meyers, you'll see Yates is mentioned heavily.  That thread was posted 5 days before his Yates reference.  He obviously read it and searched for Yates on the forum search and got all the threads about his cancer and the sad story.
  • Straha is infamous and is always around in one form or another. It wouldn't surprise me if he heard about him in one way

5) That was a really poor attempt a joke.  Arizona is so hot and sunny during the day, but cloudy at night! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6) Intriguing, but I don't know how it shows he's not 10.  And the wink kind of tips me off to another bad joke thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies