Opinion of Sun Yat Sen (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:11:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Sun Yat Sen (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Opinion of Sun Yat Sen  (Read 1233 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« on: January 14, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »

HP and that is speaking as a KMT supporter.  I was opposed to the KMT of the 1900s and 1920s where I would take the side of the Ching Dynasty and Beiyang government.  I only switched over to the KMT in the 1930s once it moved to the Right.  I still view the overthrow of the Ching dynasty as a tragic mistake that we are still recovering from. 
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:17:26 PM »

HP and that is speaking as a KMT supporter.  I was opposed to the KMT of the 1900s and 1920s where I would take the side of the Ching Dynasty and Beiyang government.  I only switched over to the KMT in the 1930s once it moved to the Right.  I still view the overthrow of the Ching dynasty as a tragic mistake that we are still recovering from.  
That makes you at least 130?
What's your take on the Eunuch Bureaucracy?
Are you a vampire, tortoise, or some eunuch sorceror from the Chings?

I think one is allowed to have a position on a party or person and have that position change over time as that party or person evolve even if one is not alive at that time.

Eunuchs were not that powerful at all in the Ching and there were not even that many of them. It was the late Ming that their power went too far.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »

Is there some ancient Chinese polytheistic religion that has a God personifying greed and selfishness? That would explain so much.

You are thinking perhaps of Caishen (財神) or "God of Wealth"

A lot of my relatives back on Taiwan Province  are business owners and all of them have alters to   Caishen at their homes.  Of course they focused on worship of Caishen more for good fortune on business management.  Caishen is a lot more popular in Hoklo (Taiwan Province and Fujian Province) Hakka (significant part of SE Asia overseas Chinese) and Cantonese (Guangdong Province) subcultures.

I am a good deal more Westernized and if anything my god if I had any would be someone like Ann Rand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies