Who could make this (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:32:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Who could make this (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who could make this  (Read 1099 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« on: May 03, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »

The following is what I believe is an ideal map for the Republicans; states I could CONCEIVABLY see them winning. Not a prediction or what is likely, but an ideal hypothetical scenario with the best possible environment. Which R vs. D matchup would be needed to possibly make anything resembling this map. If not exact, what would you give or take?

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:44:53 PM »

I think if we're winning that many states, we've picked up Maine.

Well I only highlighted states that I think are winnable, not as an actual map. We technically do break through ME-2.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:48:09 PM »

In general, I don't understand why the whole forum (which seems Democratically dominated) is so doom and gloom for Republicans. Parties have lows (70s-92 Dems, anyone?) and the party WILL rebrand itself to survive. History dictates that. It's like they all gather to give each other a confirmation bias that the other side is dying, when I see this year shaping up more and more to be a Six-year Itch, 2006-style elephant stampede.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »

In general, I don't understand why the whole forum (which seems Democratically dominated) is so doom and gloom for Republicans. Parties have lows (70s-92 Dems, anyone?) and the party WILL rebrand itself to survive. History dictates that. It's like they all gather to give each other a confirmation bias that the other side is dying, when I see this year shaping up more and more to be a Six-year Itch, 2006-style elephant stampede.

I agree that the map isn't as favorable to Dems as some would suggest, but explain how this season is shaping up to be an "elephant stampede"?  Besides historical patterns?

Was just being creative. We have an incumbent with low approval ratings, an unpopular law that several red-state (as in won by Romney some by double digits) Democrats are still gripping onto, Democratic fatigue, Republican enthusiasm whilst Democratic strong groups are probably going to stay home, and most importantly, good GOP candidates running in already red states with all those above factors acting as tailwinds. I am not saying that they will ALL lose (Scott Brown will put up a fight, but I doubt he will break 47.5% tops. Iowa is politically schizophrenic, and I still find it shocking that Al Franken is cruising to victory despite his microscopic spoiler victory in a good Dem year), but I think all the Dems (I think it is a 50-40 split on this forum) here are panicking a bit and ganging up on Republicans a lot to keep their hopes alive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies