Mainstream media is a national disgrace, why? They are in the tank for Obama.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:53:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mainstream media is a national disgrace, why? They are in the tank for Obama.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mainstream media is a national disgrace, why? They are in the tank for Obama.  (Read 1402 times)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »

Where are NBC, ABC, CBS, New York Times, Washington Post and yes MSNBC? When it comes to reporting about the Benghazi consulate attack, the fiasco which is Post-Hurricane Sandy and failures of FEMA in the recovery efforts on Staten Island; I noticed they were over President Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina; shows there bias and how they are an off-shoot of the Obama re-election campaign; they and the Obama surrogates can argue white is black, scoff, laugh and deride this observation; but the "mainstream media" are lackey's of Obama and nothing but left-wing liberal effete's. There failure to report on what is occurring in the aftermath of Sandy, proves they are protecting Obama.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:28:58 PM »

heatmaster,
You just dont give-up do you ?
You are relentless.
Take a deep breath and calm down.

heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

If I was any calmer, I might have no pulse; but funny isn't it? Not a response, to counter my assertion, because I guess when you are right, well then there's no argument. Just had to make an observation, that this body notices what many other also likely noticed.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »

The media didn't even try to expose the indisputably false pretenses that sparked the Iraq War until years after the fact.  This single-handedly disproves any notion of a "liberal media"...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

CNN, even if nobody else, started shilling for Romney hard after the first debate, contributing significantly to making this race close again.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »

If only the Big Daddy was already on patrol, this garbage would be gone. Can't wait for them to crack down and show us "All Results Tuesday".
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 10:01:45 PM »

Which planet were you on at the time? I was living in the U.S.A. then, and all I got was a steady stream of liberal media negativity against Bush's Iraqi policy; but criticizing the war, was bad for there image, it's not in there nature to look bad; but no problem hailing that woman who was camped outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford: By the way, I noticed that the crowd size in Madison, Wisconsin with Bruce Springsteen as the main attraction, was only 18,000 - compared to 80,000 in 2004 at a similar point during a Kerry campaign event; what gives? the anointed one must be losing his drawing power. A one hit wonder, me thinks. Thank god he and Biden are finished!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »

CNN, even if nobody else, started shilling for Romney hard after the first debate, contributing significantly to making this race close again.

Yeah, watching Blizter call their OH poll a tie was hilarious.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »

If I was any calmer, I might have no pulse; but funny isn't it? Not a response, to counter my assertion, because I guess when you are right, well then there's no argument. Just had to make an observation, that this body notices what many other also likely noticed.

Normally I just ignore you, but I'm procrastinating from studying, so I'll humor you.

First of all, the right wing anger over the Benghazi attack is not based in any real outrage or remorse for the lives lost, it's all an effort to pin some scandal on Obama to hurt his reelection chances. Everyone can see right through it and its disgusting. As for the media, they're not reporting on it because there are no clear answers. Unlike the right wing, they are showing restraint and not throwing out speculation and blame over a very sad and tragic event, as it should be. The media loves getting a good scoop and they don't care who it reflects poorly on, so if they had definitive answers about Benghazi they would report on it. This is like Journalism 1101, not sure what's so complicated about it.

I'm a journalism major, taught by some very esteemed journalists, and frankly it offends me when right wing trolls like yourself accuse accomplished journalists of liberal bias simply because they report on facts that don't always fit your narrative. That's what good journalists do. When Romney puts out a false as, they will check him, as they have done with Obama's campaign as well. It seems to me that right wingers are actually the ones that demand a huge slant from their news and get pissy when good journalists report things like, I don't know, the truth? It's the classic example of projection.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

... but funny isn't it? Not a response, to counter my assertion, because I guess when you are right, well then there's no argument ...

Do you think that maybe there is no response, because you have just become too aggressive, too extreme, too far-far-right-wing in everything you say ?
Trust me ... that's what it is. Everyone is tired of it already.

You are an example of what people in the nation dont need or want (especially with their politicians) ... someone that has the view of "its my way or no way," an individual that will not compromise, and who cant discuss issues in a calm way to get things done.

And so now, your voice has become ... no voice at all.
(Can you hear the crickets).

Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »

Insane Troll Logic. Just a couple dozen hours to go friends.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 11:17:12 PM »

LOL.
That says it perfectly, Zanas46.

"Insane Troll Logic" is the kind of logic that just can't be argued with because it's so demented, so lost in its own insanity, that any attempts to correct it would be met with more gibberish.

wan
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »

Where are NBC, ABC, CBS, New York Times, Washington Post and yes MSNBC? When it comes to reporting about the Benghazi consulate attack, the fiasco which is Post-Hurricane Sandy and failures of FEMA in the recovery efforts on Staten Island; I noticed they were over President Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina; shows there bias and how they are an off-shoot of the Obama re-election campaign; they and the Obama surrogates can argue white is black, scoff, laugh and deride this observation; but the "mainstream media" are lackey's of Obama and nothing but left-wing liberal effete's. There failure to report on what is occurring in the aftermath of Sandy, proves they are protecting Obama.

You forgot to mention "FOXNEWS' is in the tank for romney
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »

cope1989, the fact of your party allegiance, means your outrage is all pretense; but let me give you a history lesson.
1. The U.S. Consulate was attacked by terrorists aligned to Al-Qaeda, and it was not a spontaneous demonstration caused by a You Tube Video: four Americans died, and these deaths were un-neccessary; according to cables there was a drone overhead, relaying the visuals in real-time; what is disgusting Obama and his team, no doubt knew this attack were underway, and opted not to send assistance, they had 7 hours, what is the excuse?
2. The answer, my friend to what was the excuse? Because your beloved Obama, was on the campaign trail bragging endlessly how he took "the shot" in ordering UBL's killing and that Al-Qaeda were on there heels; Benghazi punctured a hole in that narrative.
3. For 7 weeks your President, has prevaricated and stone-walled on what happened; what was his response? "We are trying to get the information out". It should be noted, how quickly they got the information out about UBL being killed. Obama pushes stuff that helps him.
4. He had UN Ambassador Susan Rice claim on Five Sunday Program's claiming that it was a You Tube Video.
5. In a speech to the UN, Obama six times claimed it was a You Tube Video that caused the events in Benghazi to occur.
6. Complete black-out from the media on the story.
7. No coverage by the media either on all the screw ups on Staten Island in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy; noticed they were there to cover a "News Event" of Obama's photo-op with Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey; don't see much evidence of FEMA helping out; not a peep from any of the outlets, well not where it negatively affects Obama, oh of course they have to be careful and make sure that they have there information straight; this same media were slamming Bush over Hurricane Katrina, almost immediately and we are a week out from Hurricane Sandy.
7. The media are protecting Obama plain and simple and are agent's for his political interests. So don't insult my intelligence, with feigned outrage.
8. Obama allowed, by his inaction, those 4 Americans to die, so in light of this, I can be sure he didn't care enough to intervene.
9. What I find offensive,  it's a combination of Obama's carelessness and callous ineptitude as well as his narcissism and his left-wing ideology which led to what happened; but as always with Obama, there is no accountability, blame the nasty right-wingers, who don't really care about those four deaths, blame the CIA for not warning us, blame anybody even Mitt Romney for making it an issue, just blame anybody - but us Democrats are pure and whiter than white snow, because we are perfect, because the brainless hollywood celebrities say we are.
10. Yeah of course we want Obama to lose, but we right-wing trolls didn't cause Benghazi or the Post Hurricane Sandy fiasco and if your guy is stupid enough to make himself a target, then so be it, that's politics, so suck it up.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 11:56:24 PM »

Blah blah blah.

Expatriate = foreigner. Your opinion no longer matters. I bet Maobama's dumping your ballot into the Potomac as we speak.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 12:06:45 AM »

And why ΗΔΣ Ομιλητής Διπλή Γκριφιν is that?, because you don't like what you read and are incapable of tolerating anybody who might disagree with your world view; well cry me a river, boo-hoo; typical reaction only to to be expected from a left-wing Democrat troll; intolerance is a measure of intellectual immaturity. Well I try to cure ignorance, but stupidity....well that's another matter.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »

And why ΗΔΣ Ομιλητής Διπλή Γκριφιν is that?, because you don't like what you read and are incapable of tolerating anybody who might disagree with your world view; well cry me a river, boo-hoo; typical reaction only to to be expected from a left-wing Democrat troll; intolerance is a measure of intellectual immaturity. Well I try to cure ignorance, but stupidity....well that's another matter.

Oh, Richard. Kiss
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:02 AM »

Which planet were you on at the time? I was living in the U.S.A. then, and all I got was a steady stream of liberal media negativity against Bush's Iraqi policy; but criticizing the war, was bad for there image, it's not in there nature to look bad; but no problem hailing that woman who was camped outside President Bush's ranch in Crawford: By the way, I noticed that the crowd size in Madison, Wisconsin with Bruce Springsteen as the main attraction, was only 18,000 - compared to 80,000 in 2004 at a similar point during a Kerry campaign event; what gives? the anointed one must be losing his drawing power. A one hit wonder, me thinks. Thank god he and Biden are finished!

The Iraq War was a miserable failure and was destined to be from the get-go by virtue of its lack of a long-term resolution plan. The Bush Administration's incompetence during Hurricane Katrina resulted in hundreds more deaths than would have otherwise occurred. Reporting about bad things that happen when an unusually high number of bad things are happening isn't bias.

You really think four people being killed in a consulate attack is comparable to all of that and worthy of equal coverage?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »

The media didn't even try to expose the indisputably false pretenses that sparked the Iraq War until years after the fact.  This single-handedly disproves any notion of a "liberal media"...

Exactly. This liberal media myth is absurd.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 01:55:52 AM »

The Iraq War was a miserable failure and was destined to be from the get-go by virtue of its lack of a long-term resolution plan. The Bush Administration's incompetence during Hurricane Katrina resulted in hundreds more deaths than would have otherwise occurred. Reporting about bad things that happen when an unusually high number of bad things are happening isn't bias.

You really think four people being killed in a consulate attack is comparable to all of that and worthy of equal coverage?

Think is a strong word for what's going on there.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 04:26:26 AM »

Normally I just ignore you, but I'm procrastinating from studying, so I'll humor you.

First of all, the right wing anger over the Benghazi attack is not based in any real outrage or remorse for the lives lost, it's all an effort to pin some scandal on Obama to hurt his reelection chances. Everyone can see right through it and its disgusting. As for the media, they're not reporting on it because there are no clear answers. Unlike the right wing, they are showing restraint and not throwing out speculation and blame over a very sad and tragic event, as it should be. The media loves getting a good scoop and they don't care who it reflects poorly on, so if they had definitive answers about Benghazi they would report on it. This is like Journalism 1101, not sure what's so complicated about it.

I'm a journalism major, taught by some very esteemed journalists, and frankly it offends me when right wing trolls like yourself accuse accomplished journalists of liberal bias simply because they report on facts that don't always fit your narrative. That's what good journalists do. When Romney puts out a false as, they will check him, as they have done with Obama's campaign as well. It seems to me that right wingers are actually the ones that demand a huge slant from their news and get pissy when good journalists report things like, I don't know, the truth? It's the classic example of projection.
That's disingenuous to claim that "right wingers" are only outraged because there's an election going on. If there wasn't an election going on, Obama wouldn't have tried this whole "it's all about a video" stunt.

He did so because it did not fit his election narrative. To believe otherwise is laughable. Even the PM of Libya was calling it a terrorist attack a few days after it happened. But the Obama camp stonewalled for more than two weeks through a number of crucial debates as their MSM friends provided cover and went and had a guy's civil liberties jammed up on a "probation violation."

You do have some very good, accomplished reporters on the story. I laud CBS for (mostly) reporting the facts, but leaving out that little video where Obama stated that he didn't know if it was a terrorist attack a few days later -- directly contradicting his debate lie that was aided and abetted by Candy Crowley.

With that said, the Romney camp could have bludgeoned Obama in the third debate. They chose not to. Why? They didn't want another brutal knockdown debate that turned off women. They elected to run out the clock instead.

However, don't think for a second that even if Obama wins this election that there isn't a through investigation and a finding of at least incompetency in the White House. Heads should roll. The administration's inaction (e.g. denial of increased security requests at minimum) that resulted in the death of an Ambassador was inexcusable.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies