Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:49:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas  (Read 2333 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: October 17, 2016, 06:59:21 PM »

"I have always thought of Christmastime, when it has come 'round, as a good time: a kind, charitable, forgiving time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely. And for that reason... I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good, and I say God bless it!"
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:14:22 PM »

Henceforth, Ebowed was known only by his nickname, "Ebeneezer".
"Ebowedneezer"
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »

Nope. Your feeble Cromwellian attempt to abolish Christmas. I'm very pro Christmas 🎄 and the Jewish holiday celebrated around the same time called Chanukah 🕎
Um, you know Cromwell was a Puritan, right? I don't think he was exactly in favor of the separation of church and state.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 01:46:06 PM »

Where is Labor? Don't the working People deserve their Christmas, too?

D*mn right they do. Hence:

No. Christmas and Hanukkah should both exist, and if you want to abolish both, go to hell.

"I have always thought of Christmastime, when it has come 'round, as a good time: a kind, charitable, forgiving time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely. And for that reason... I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good, and I say God bless it!"

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 04:02:46 PM »

Nope. Your feeble Cromwellian attempt to abolish Christmas. I'm very pro Christmas 🎄 and the Jewish holiday celebrated around the same time called Chanukah 🕎
Um, you know Cromwell was a Puritan, right? I don't think he was exactly in favor of the separation of church and state.

I know he was a Puritan. He advocated for and successfully put a ban on Christmas while he ruled Britain. Since that's what this group is trying to do the shoe fits. 
I didn't know that - thanks for enlightening me, JCL! Smiley You learn something new every day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies