Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:39:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians for the Abolition of Christmas  (Read 2330 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 17, 2016, 04:40:19 PM »

Bad idea which should be on dustbin of history
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 11:11:38 PM »

Bad idea which should be on dustbin of history

I'm assuming that you're referring to Christmas, yes?

Nope. Your feeble Cromwellian attempt to abolish Christmas. I'm very pro Christmas 🎄 and the Jewish holiday celebrated around the same time called Chanukah 🕎
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »

Nope. Your feeble Cromwellian attempt to abolish Christmas. I'm very pro Christmas 🎄 and the Jewish holiday celebrated around the same time called Chanukah 🕎
Um, you know Cromwell was a Puritan, right? I don't think he was exactly in favor of the separation of church and state.

I know he was a Puritan. He advocated for and successfully put a ban on Christmas while he ruled Britain. Since that's what this group is trying to do the shoe fits. 
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 06:40:06 PM »

Um, you know Cromwell was a Puritan, right? I don't think he was exactly in favor of the separation of church and state.

I know he was a Puritan. He advocated for and successfully put a ban on Christmas while he ruled Britain. Since that's what this group is trying to do the shoe fits. 
I didn't know that - thanks for enlightening me, JCL! Smiley You learn something new every day.

Yeah, the Puritans felt that turning religious days into celebrations was inappropriate IIRC.

So Cromwell might would've agreed with Ebowed, but for very different reasons. Tongue

Exactly. I think they should be celebrations used to get the message of the faith out and to do good for others.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies