Missouri/Yale protests (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:04:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Missouri/Yale protests (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Missouri/Yale protests  (Read 5944 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: November 13, 2015, 09:36:00 AM »

Ban student demonstrations imo. Clearly they have too much time on their hands. No wonder 4-year (let alone 6-year) graduation rates are absurdly low.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 10:59:32 AM »

If I'm leaving out parts of the story, offer up those parts of the story.

It's your thread.  You should have posted a reliable source or sources and quotes that back up what you are saying.  It's not our job to do your research for you.  If you think that everything was just peachy at this university and then one swastika went up and the next day students demanded the system president resign you are delusional.  It's up to you to prove you aren't.  How is that my job?

"It's not my job to education you!" the last refuge of someone who has no argument.

Your thread is ludicrous.  A big long post and only two facts about the Missouri protests.  You need to learn to debate.  Just because you make an assertion doesn't make it true.  You have to provide proof.  It's not up to the people you are trying to convince to prove your case for you.  You're lazy.  Or have no case.  I can't decide which.

This is a discussion, not a debate. If you feel key information is lacking from the conversation, provide it yourself.

I've already provided key information.  No black student is going to stick their neck out and demand the system president resign because one anonymous swastika went up.  And no system president is going to resign simply because that guy asked him to over a single incident like that.  What the OP is saying is ridiculous.  He's left out massive amounts of the story and created this bizarre caricature.  I haven't been following the story and even I know the OP is garbage.

None of that is information. Those are called assumptions. University presidents can resign over huge losses in revenue on account of football. And what exactly do you think it going on in Ithaca? The OP is more accurate than anything you have falsely said, and he is under no obligation to provide a full story. He provided a huge chunk of it to start a discussion.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »

As I recall, I called Dartmouth out for their vile ways about a week ago. Looks like I put them on the garbage school list just in time...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/25104/

Suspend them all imo.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »

College students are becoming a truly odious group of individuals.

Becoming? College students have been protesting and infuriating olds for decades. Remember Students for a Democratic Society?

The difference is we are not Olds, just sane.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies