Midwest Democratic Challengers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:22:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Midwest Democratic Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the best candidate? / Who is most likely to win?
Burke / Burke

Burke / FitzGerald

Burke / Schauer

FitzGerald / Burke

FitzGerald / FitzGerald

FitzGerald / Schauer

Schauer / Burke

Schauer / FitzGerald

Schauer / Schauer

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Midwest Democratic Challengers  (Read 735 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »

Schauer / Schauer

Schauer, Burke, then FitzGerald is the order I would say for quality and likeness to win.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »

Schauer and Burke are 2 good candidates. But Schauer is probably slightly better because his views fit perfectly with Michigan.
Fitzgerald, I wouldn't say he's a bad candidate, but OH democrats could have probably nominated someone who would have been much better.
NHLiberal

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:53 PM »

Right NOW I'd give Schauer a 55% chance of winning, Burke a 50% chance of winning, and FitzGerald a 35% chance of winning. But gun to my head, if only one of them wins ON Election Day, it'd be Burke, because I think Walker's situation will worsen. That said, I think Schauer and Burke will both win.

FitzGerald is a good candidate who is running an awful campaign, Schauer is a great candidate who is running a poor campaign, and Burke is an okay candidate who is running a great campaign.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »

Burke/Burke
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »

Depends on how big the scandal gets re: Walker. Burke is the strongest candidate overall, and I hope she wins, but it's looking like Schauer is more likely because Michigan and all that.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »

Burke, Fitzgerald, Schauer.

I don't think either one of them will win.  They're all trailing in the polls right now, and the job approvals for Walker, Snyder, & Kasich have been on an upswing lately.  Burke is probably the most likely to win, though, since Walker has gotten more national publicity.

As a side note, Michigan seems to have a long history of reelecting unpopular incumbent governors. Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 04:52:46 PM »

Tilt Schauer, but I'm not ovrely impressed with any of them so far.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »

FitzGerald is the best candidate among them followed by Burke than Schauer and Burke most likely has the best chance at winning, but I think FitzGerald will ultimately win as well.

I hate to say it, I really do, but Burke and Schauer are out of touch with their states. Burke calls herself a fiscal conservative who inherited a wealthy business that has a history of outsourcing jobs while Schauer was a member of Congress who's relying on his "cut school funding" talking point and outside money to defeat Snyder. In regards to the issues, Burke just seems concerned about the Walker campaign finance scandal and Walker's 250K job statement than anything else and Schauer is only associated with mah right-to-work repeal. FitzGerald at least has actively campaigned throughout the state, will mainly accept donations from hard-working Ohioans rather than self-fund, and is trying to get on the air as soon as possible. As Clinton said, he has a strong resume to run on. He also has a wide array of issues he's focusing on in this race from a minimum wage increase to tax reform to SB5 to voting rights to renewable energy.

Burke's chances are the best and are about a split 50/50 shot. Walker can't catch a break and Burke is still unknown by most Wisconsinites. As for Schauer, most polls here so far suck, but the trend seems to be a small 3-4 point Snyder leads and the latest PPP poll which oversampled Democrats only has the two tied, so that and Schauer's awful campaign leads me to believe there's only a 40% chance here, for now. For FitzGerald, I give him about a 45% chance, but I expect him to make a complete 360 soon as he starts launching a few ads denouncing Kasich's unpopular Tea Party policies and stressing his own record as CC Executive as a job creator whose created surpluses and established pre-K education.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »

ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 03:43:16 PM »

Burke/Schauer.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »

Burke/Burke

She has really impressed me so far in this campaign. I am a big fan of Schauer's as well, but Burke has looked like a true leader and that goes a long way when you're challenging an incumbent. She's been very successful in business as well but isn't seen as a corporate stooge.

I also think she has the highest likelihood of winning because she'll have a nice floor with the continuing Walker outrage, the struggling state economy, etc. Her appearance as a maverick may help her the rest of the way.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »

FitzGerald is the best candidate among them followed by Burke than Schauer and Burke most likely has the best chance at winning, but I think FitzGerald will ultimately win as well.

I hate to say it, I really do, but Burke and Schauer are out of touch with their states. Burke calls herself a fiscal conservative who inherited a wealthy business that has a history of outsourcing jobs while Schauer was a member of Congress who's relying on his "cut school funding" talking point and outside money to defeat Snyder. In regards to the issues, Burke just seems concerned about the Walker campaign finance scandal and Walker's 250K job statement than anything else and Schauer is only associated with mah right-to-work repeal. FitzGerald at least has actively campaigned throughout the state, will mainly accept donations from hard-working Ohioans rather than self-fund, and is trying to get on the air as soon as possible. As Clinton said, he has a strong resume to run on. He also has a wide array of issues he's focusing on in this race from a minimum wage increase to tax reform to SB5 to voting rights to renewable energy.

Burke's chances are the best and are about a split 50/50 shot. Walker can't catch a break and Burke is still unknown by most Wisconsinites. As for Schauer, most polls here so far suck, but the trend seems to be a small 3-4 point Snyder leads and the latest PPP poll which oversampled Democrats only has the two tied, so that and Schauer's awful campaign leads me to believe there's only a 40% chance here, for now. For FitzGerald, I give him about a 45% chance, but I expect him to make a complete 360 soon as he starts launching a few ads denouncing Kasich's unpopular Tea Party policies and stressing his own record as CC Executive as a job creator whose created surpluses and established pre-K education.

Did you hear that at the July meeting of Democrat for McDaniel?
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 05:26:22 PM »

None of them will win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies