Should Private School (k-12) be Abolished in the United States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:54:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should Private School (k-12) be Abolished in the United States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Private School (k-12) be Abolished in the United States?
Yes

No

Gov't policy should make it weaker

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Should Private School (k-12) be Abolished in the United States?  (Read 7483 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 12, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »

Yeah, I really don't see how a freedom loving person can be against private schools.  You don't have to LIKE them, but to want to legislate them out of existence is insane to me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:07:06 AM »

I can understand the resistance in the US to such an idea, especially on a forum full of Whites who went to private schools. The public education system in the US is so deplorable, that the idea of forcing everyone to go to a public school sounds horrible. Such a move would require a huge overhaul in the public education system first, of course.
I'm pretty sure we've done the poll before and we overwhelming went to public school.  The US public school system has problems, no doubt, but the typical school district isn't a trainwreck* and actually does a fairly decent job at educating.  Yes, there are some horrid school districts, and they bring the numbers for everybody else down, but they are the exception, not the rule.

*some have large financial issues coming to a head thanks to some stupid pension deals, but those are largely correctable
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies