Libya: Benghazi unrest, to Civil War, to a new government and Gaddafi's death. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:55:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Libya: Benghazi unrest, to Civil War, to a new government and Gaddafi's death. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Libya: Benghazi unrest, to Civil War, to a new government and Gaddafi's death.  (Read 185732 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: March 19, 2011, 05:39:01 AM »

Not surprising that Germany, as usual, opposes military intervention.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »

Very pleased with what's going on.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 09:34:56 AM »

True, but the only thing that matters is that they are doing the right thing now.

Agree 100%. Opposition to military intervention here seems to be from people that oppose military operations on principle. Which also means they don't seem to care how many people are murdered in Libya.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »

Not surprising that Germany, as usual, opposes military intervention.

According to a poll which was released today, 62% of the German population support the air strikes against Libya, with 65% opposing a participation of German military in the strikes. Wink

Totally normal. It's the right thing to do...but others should do it for us.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »

I'm glad that for once we share the same feelings, Franzl. Wink

Germany almost always acts like this. Must be in most Germans' blood, I imagine.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »

Also for the record, in Italy everyone supports the operation except the Northern League. But the problem is that the Northern League can let this government fall whenever they want, so that explains why Italy is playing the part of the buffoon in this operation.

And in Germany there's no party that officially supports it...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 02:57:06 AM »

If pictures emerged of Gaddafi's corpse being hung from a tree by his feet, J. J. would argue that as long as he's still vertical rather than horizontal, he still maintains some degree of control.  And then he'd post the latest gold prices for whatever reason.

Which might lead to a civil war, especially if some groups have reason to believe that Gaddafi isn't really gone. I'm curious about the next Rasmussen poll. We just might see real and permanent movement away from Obama because of this.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:43:35 AM »

Quite frankly, it's a pity. He should have been tried by an international tribunal, like other murderous tyrants before him.

Wouldn't object to that....but good news still Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »

I'm npwhere near hypocritical enough to pretend this outcome wasn't the best one possible as far as I'm concerned. What would have been the use of a trial for crimes against humanity? Those things are at best just edified lynching parties, at worst they mean the war criminal gets to die an easy death in a The Hague mini-appartment . Also, when a dictator of multiple decades falls, exterminating all possibility of a restoration is the way to go.

Thank you Smiley You speak the truth.

Unfortunately, a lot of German media I've seen is doing the usual show. Not quite as bad as with Bin Laden, of course (but then I guess it's not as bad if America doesn't do it). Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies