Dean's running mate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:54:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Dean's running mate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dean's running mate  (Read 27259 times)
RhodeRage
Rookie

« on: December 31, 2003, 03:22:03 PM »

I think that Dean picking Clark as a running mate would be too predictable for that loveable irratic governor of ours.  I think that Dean is politically smart and thus would pick someone from the South.  Edwards is too young and would ecclipse Dean's image of being the vibrant one.  Someone new would go against Dean's hope of uniting the Democratic party (two outsiders won't work).  I predict that Senator Graham will get the second place on the ticket, despite any of his previous reservations.  He's already backed down and put himself in the perfect place to eventually endorse Dean when the time is right.  With Graham, Dean will have a shot at Florida and some southern moderate states.  The question remains just how much impact will a Veep slot have on a North Eastern governor.  Personally, I'm hopeful, but not stupid.
RhodeRage
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 04:37:34 PM »

I still maintain that Graham would be the best candidate for Dean.  Dean won't be thinking about how old Graham would be when he himself ran for President, but rather how he would help.

And I don't care what anyone says, Vice President's DO help with Electoral Votes and public image.  
RhodeRage
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 04:53:26 PM »

It will be Graham or Clark most likely.  Both have strengths  and weaknesses.

I agree Dean cares about Dean, not the future of the party.  He is running vs the party now and blasting Terry McAuliffe and calling DLC Democrats Republicans.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It all comes down to a question of saving face now.  I think there is too much bad blood between Dean and Clark, so Dean will most likely turn to Graham as his choice in order to not be eclipsed.

As for Terry McAuliffe and the DLC Dems, I like to refer to them as nothing but Diet Republicans (whether that be a good thing or not is a matter of perspective I guess)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies