It's almost too easy for D's to win in 2016, makes me think R's will win (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  It's almost too easy for D's to win in 2016, makes me think R's will win (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's almost too easy for D's to win in 2016, makes me think R's will win  (Read 3405 times)
GaussLaw
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »

All evidence except this

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html
GaussLaw
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »

What that really indicates is that Clinton is a very strong candidate, at least for now.  If Clinton says no, the rhetoric will change significantly.

But the point is that there is some evidence that 2016 might not be a banner Democratic year based on the fundamentals.  Presidential approval absolutely is an important factor and would constitute evidence, to use the words of the OP.
GaussLaw
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »

Two points:

1) I wish Never would never post in my threads like he has repeatedly said he would not.

2) Didn't the GOP also bash all the polls showing Obama up months before the election?

I don't see why everyone thinks that Democrats are only in a good position because of Hillary.  Does anyone really think their electoral advantage is dependent upon Hillary specifically?

Well, she is clearly, clearly stronger than Biden.  And if we say that polls this far out matter, then if Hillary does not run, the GOP is in a good position as GOP candidates tend to lead non Hillary dems.  Also, the primary would be quite nasty without Hillary.

I do not see what evidence there would be for a Dem advantage if Hillary is not running.

Obama has a 41 percent approval rating.  Somehow, it seems like the hacks on there think that somehow this fact is irrelevant. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies