The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:16:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The liberal hysteria over Trump is nearly unprecedented  (Read 2724 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 25, 2016, 07:58:38 PM »

hahaha.  great minds think alike!  The Jefferson-Adams tit-for-tat was the first thing that came to my mind as well when I read the OP.

Every once in a while people manage to find "the worst presidential candidate ever" and it's not uncommon for people to say, "But this is the most important election ever!"  That happened quite a bit in 2000.  (I voted for a third-party candidate that year as well, to the consternation of everyone I know.)

Sure Trump is a wild card.  I have no idea what he actually thinks or what he'd do.  Sure Clinton, though predictable, is a narcissistic bully.  In fact, they're both narcissistic bullies.  I'm not sure, however, that the hysteria this year is unprecedented.  In fact, it was this bad just 16 years ago when we had two mediocre candidates, neither of whom could get a majority of the popular vote and only one, just barely, got a majority of the electoral vote, and even that required some help from a brother.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 08:05:57 PM »

Throughout the 1930s numerous people were foretelling exactly what would happen later.

I saw that musical drama as well.  I think Liza Minnelli was in it.  Excellent soundtrack.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 09:16:02 AM »

She was in Cabaret.

I think she's Dorothy's daughter, but her father was obviously a Romulan:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies